The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Max for live noob? Modular Synthesizers
Old 4th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Max for live noob?

On Abelton 10 Suite I have Max for live, I never had this before with 9 Standard, I never even looked into what it was.

I'm really liking some of the instruments. I take it, that this is for people who know how to create instruments, and we can all download their instruments? That's what it seems to be.

Anyone got any cool recommendations? The bass synth that comes stock on suite in Max for live folder is awesome. I think it's good enough to be a main Abelton instrument.

Do I have the gist of this or is there more to it than just that?
Old 4th June 2018
I haven't used it much do do know that there's a ton of free goodies for Max 4 Live.

Here's some kool sequencers that are available.

www.maxforlive.com - Download Max for Live Devices

That site has other categories of downloadable content.

Cheers.
Old 4th June 2018
Lives for gear

There's lotsa free instruments and FX made in M4L...I browse the Ableton site every couple of months to see what's been added. I wouldn't say I use them a lot but it's just mainly because they're in a harder part of the browser to get to. But with Tags...I just may bring them onto the top page. Thx for the idea!
Old 5th June 2018
Lives for gear

Ableton just released some free extensions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9krbrQfhiAY
Old 6th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi View Post
Nice!
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi View Post
Yeah, I got those right when they came out. They just showed up in Ableton packs for available downloads.
Old 16th June 2018
Gear Maniac

The max forum is great the guys over there are extremely helpful. Dude837 on youtube is also great. when you have a object in a new patch and want to see what you can do with it you can hover over the inlets and outlets and it will give you a little info. For more info hold option and click on that object and it will open up a max help with indepth information. To get going I started by making a bunch of very small patches, and then it started getting much easier... I am making a synth and need a delay OH I already made one let me just copy and paste it into this synth using the patcher object to create a module. You get the idea. I do think seeing how some of the patches ableton gives you are good to reverse engineer but depending might not be the best for a beginner.
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

there's also a lot of really good/useful commercial stuff (not everything can be free)

some personal recommendations:

from isotonik

factorsynth
dynamix ultimate
o-blek
sempler pro
midi modulators
multi analyzer xl (gives sidechain to max4live!)
signal
smart

also great: everything by K Devices

Last edited by TonStrom; 2nd April 2019 at 02:58 AM..
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffirepro40 View Post

Do I have the gist of this or is there more to it than just that?
There's a complete world of different tools made with Max For Live. Personally I like many of the commercial packages for audio effects as well as MIDI devices and functional ones that are mending holes in the normal Live tool selection. Many free Max For Live devices are of very high quality.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search