The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton PUSH and UVI Workstation integration
Old 3rd September 2017
Here for the gear

Ableton PUSH and UVI Workstation integration

Hi everyone I have several questions regarding my future buy list.

I'm planning to buy Push 2 and the UVI Vintage Vault 2 VST Bundle. ( It works on a single VST : Workstation who load different banks as Kontakt )

I asked to UVI Support and they don't provide any mapping with Push ( and any others controllers ) so I will need to map the whole thing manually, basically 7974 presets and some knob controlls, I'm right ?

I also use Komplete Ultimate 11 and I already see that Audiomodder has made mapping for that. But how do it work with Rythm VST like Polyplex or Cuba bank for Kontakt ? Does the Push consider this as a drum rack ? or it just show a basic note grid ?

The mapping of Kontakt should be the same type of mapping with UVI Workstation, right ?

Also do you consider it "risky" to get an used Push 2 instead a brand new one ? Push 2 comes with a full garanty in case it broken ?

I dont know if I should wait for the blackfriday. I saw some discount on Live+Push bundle, but not in just the Push in my memories.

And last but least, should I wait Ableton Loop Event ( in november ) to see if a Push 3 is announced ? ( I know you can't really answer that one )

Thanks
Old 4th September 2017
Here for the gear

anybody use UVI Workstation ?
Old 4th September 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadrunk View Post
anybody use UVI Workstation ?
UVI Workstation seems to be well built. I've been checking it out in Renoise for two weeks; it is solid.

I'll know more about mapping this week.. lol.. waiting on a new midi controller to arrive from Sweetwater.

Should you wait for Push 3? Probably not. Thanksgiving is around the corner, and Push 3 would have at least been announced by now *****

I do not guarantee the above italicized statement. I will not be responsible if you buy Push 2 and Push 3 is announced within 24 hours of your purchase; or at any time within what you would consider, "an unfair length of time," within the date of your purchase.
Old 6th September 2017
Here for the gear

Maybe you are right, if Push 3 or Live 10 would be announced this year we probably already seen it, or at least a special teaser.

Infact I ask to Ableton if they have a push 3 in preparation, to know if it risky to get Push 2 now, ofc I wasnt expecting any answer.

They wrote me this ( wasnt in english so not 100% accurate citation ) " unfortunately I can't give you an answer. Normally we announce a new product in advance." ...

The problem is, Push 2 was announced at the Loop 2015 and was available right after. So it's not really accurate.

For the moment, regarding the push, the only plan I got is a used one ( bought in July ) with a warranty for 580 euros. But I don't even think the warranty can be transfered to a second hand user.

----------------

Regarding the UVI Vintage Vault 2 I will definitely take it before the end of the month, no matter if it integrate well with Push 2.

I have a lot of free time, I will certainly take some of this time to do the same stuff Audiomodder did for Komplete, but here for UVI.
Old 6th September 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

I've never used much UVI stuff.

You'll probably need to map it yourself, it's easy enough, all you do is press a button in abelton and then click parameters in the gui of the plug in in banks of 8, corresponding to banks of 8 knobs on push. Then you'll need to group the plug in ableton and save it as a preset in ableton to preserve that mapping.

I'm not so sure push 3 will be anytime soon, they're still adding to 1 and 2 and 2 was because they needed to compete with some of maschines features, there's very little difference between 1 and 2 apart from the screen and the extra workflow it brings.
Old 6th September 2017
Gear Addict

Workstation needs to be mapped by me to my Roland A49 Keyboard. So, probably same deal with push; like guy above just said.

Meanwhile Push 3 will be announced within the next two weeks or not at all - it is basically 90 days to xmas https://days.to/until/christmas
Old 7th September 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

Yeah, not all plug ins come with features passed to whatever hook it is that controllers and daws read from. Hopefully NKI will go some way towards fixing this.
Old 7th September 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf LeProducer View Post
Workstation needs to be mapped by me to my Roland A49 Keyboard. So, probably same deal with push; like guy above just said.

Meanwhile Push 3 will be announced within the next two weeks or not at all - it is basically 90 days to xmas https://days.to/until/christmas

Push 2 wasnt announced in november ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search