The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton Live Redesign
Old 14th June 2017
Here for the gear

Ableton Live Redesign

Old 18th June 2017
looks good
Old 19th June 2017
Great work. Especially the new mixer view. Hope you will get to work with abs so they can improve in that area !
Old 19th June 2017
Here for the gear

Well done. I hope the folks at Ableton take a good peek at that...
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Old 19th June 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Well, that is good news. Hopefully "we are in touch with the person" doesn't mean "we are moving his emails to the trash every day".

Seriously, this is some outstanding work. I am a software developer / designer myself, and I can identify passion & skill when I see it.
Old 19th June 2017
It will be nice when the UI gets a good overhaul. What I really hate about Live is that on my wide , high rez screen is that the text looks blurry. It ticks me off that despite numerous complaints by many that this issue has not been fixed!
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Maniac
Congrats !
Nice that ASK AUDIO took notice and wrote the article. I have been using Live a lot more lately and as an end user Ableton would be fools not to hire you and incorporate your designs for the next major update/upgrade. Your designs actually imho make Live significantly more intuitive
All the best !
Old 20th June 2017
Here for the gear

Old 25th July 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
It will be nice when the UI gets a good overhaul. What I really hate about Live is that on my wide , high rez screen is that the text looks blurry. It ticks me off that despite numerous complaints by many that this issue has not been fixed!
I am very late to this thread but here we go! Are you on Win? Left click on Live exe and go to properties. In there go to the Compability tab and disable DPI scaling. Thank me. X
Old 28th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonerbox View Post
I am very late to this thread but here we go! Are you on Win? Left click on Live exe and go to properties. In there go to the Compability tab and disable DPI scaling. Thank me. X
That made a great difference!

Thanks
Old 31st July 2017
Gear Maniac

Great looking redesign. I hope Ableton adopts it. Definitely looks way more creative and not so much like 'MICROSOFT EXCEL'.

I just wish Ableton would do away with the 'triangle' mixer faders. I wish they looked more like the traditional faders you find on a real mixer/outboard console. I know logic and many other DAWs use this type of fader for their mixer.

I just wish Ableton would adopt something that is similar or something more bigger/mouse pointer friendly. Because sometimes I feel like grabbing these small/tiny triangle faders with my mouse pointer is really annoying and tedious. Not to mention really hard to see at times also.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search