The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton Live 10, when? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Maniac

Ableton Live 10, when?

This forum is a little slow, so let's speculate for fun. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will come forth with secret information

I'll start: I saw someone post on the Ableton forums a bit back saying they heard 'from someone in the know' that the plan is for 9.8, 9.9, and therefore maybe a year or more away before an update to 10. This was obviously unsourced information that could be totally made up, but like I said, this is speculation
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear
I sort of always hope that they don´t bring updates, as that often means dumbing down the program.

Man how I hate it that they don´t support aliases and folderaliases in the browser!
Old 5th May 2017
I just want a modern plugin manager who has only one plugin folder sheesh
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Nut

never
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Maniac

In an interview on Youtube somewhere, a couple weeks ago Gerhard Behles, CEO of Ableton, said he hoped he'd make people happy "soon" when talking about the demands for a 'better' GUI.
Old 9th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB View Post
In an interview on Youtube somewhere, a couple weeks ago Gerhard Behles, CEO of Ableton, said he hoped he'd make people happy "soon" when talking about the demands for a 'better' GUI.
In Ableton terms that could mean 3 years from now
Old 10th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB View Post
https://youtu.be/M07PETr2Yt0

The last 5 minutes has the quote you reference, and to me, his 'soon' seems to imply...soon but maybe at least not TOO far off, based on his tone. But he also didn't act like he had a date of release he was hiding, so probably not in the next few months.

There's also some mention of Live 10 being in the works about halfway through the video, but he didn't give away anything revealing. Not a bad interview overall.

In hearing him talk about 'products' towards the beginning/middle of the interview, how it was just Ableton Live, then Push... I interpreted that as maybe being a suggestion of even more 'products' in the pipeline, as in not just Live/Push. Maybe two hardware controllers? Push and Push Lite? Soundcard enabled Push? Who knows, let's all wildly speculate with disregard for reality
Old 10th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrono View Post

The last 5 minutes has the quote you reference, and to me, his 'soon' seems to imply...soon but maybe at least not TOO far off, based on his tone.
Yep that's the one. I sat up straight when he said this :-)
Old 15th May 2017
Gear Nut

vst3 please...
Old 15th May 2017
Quote:

The last 5 minutes has the quote you reference, and to me, his 'soon' seems to imply...soon but maybe at least not TOO far off, based on his tone.
It probably just means that 9.8 or 9.9 will have a new theme added.
Old 15th May 2017
I'm not in a hurry. I'm still learning version 9.7.1

It's HUGE!
Old 15th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide View Post
It probably just means that 9.8 or 9.9 will have a new theme added.
Certainly possible!

I noticed today that Perfect Circuit has Push 2 on sale for the entire month of May...maybe they know something???!?!?!?!?!1?!?!?!?!!1?1
Old 18th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Brilliant interview. Ableton dude is really kind and humble. I get the feeling he really think and believe what he say.

And interviewer (thank you god) does have all sort of good questions.

Thanks.

Love gearslutz forum.
Old 21st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
In hearing him talk about 'products' towards the beginning/middle of the interview, how it was just Ableton Live, then Push... I interpreted that as maybe being a suggestion of even more 'products' in the pipeline, as in not just Live/Push. Maybe two hardware controllers? Push and Push Lite? Soundcard enabled Push? Who knows, let's all wildly speculate with disregard for reality
I still want "Drag" as opposite to Push.
A controller for a highly improved arrangement view (it's about time!), with proper transport section, marker / song part navigation, time and beats display... coming in desktop and keyboard versions.

One can dream, right?
Old 21st May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
A controller for a highly improved arrangement view (it's about time!), with proper transport section, marker / song part navigation, time and beats display... coming in desktop and keyboard versions.

One can dream, right?
Lol at the name! But really that's an interesting idea and could be done well. I'm not sure how much of a market there is for it though...and it certainly wouldn't be as sexy marketing it. I've certainly used my Push1 when doing mixing and small tweaks in finalizing tracks, but something more versatile for those needs could be cool.

I'm curious what controllers you or others might think are similar to this idea.
Old 21st May 2017
Quote:

One can dream, right?
I still want Ableton Studio, a DAW closely related to Ableton Live but with hybrid audio engine that can disable tracks while not in use, no session view, a mixer that can be used while arranging, plug-ins that can be seen and opened without having to click on a track and scrolling through a whole thing of plug-ins, extensive MIDI editing tools, 100% fixed PDC, no session view, multiple fade editing, multiple midi clip editing, comping, subgroups, ability to view audio clips and plug-in chain at the same time, no session view and did I mention no session view?

Controller wise, I'd love something like Push but that is just a big screen and no buttons and an encoder that latches to the last parameter you clicked on. You can call it the Ableton Twist.
Old 22nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I still want Ableton Studio, a DAW closely related to Ableton Live but with hybrid audio engine that can disable tracks while not in use, no session view, a mixer that can be used while arranging, plug-ins that can be seen and opened without having to click on a track and scrolling through a whole thing of plug-ins, extensive MIDI editing tools, 100% fixed PDC, no session view, multiple fade editing, multiple midi clip editing, comping, subgroups, ability to view audio clips and plug-in chain at the same time, no session view and did I mention no session view?

Controller wise, I'd love something like Push but that is just a big screen and no buttons and an encoder that latches to the last parameter you clicked on. You can call it the Ableton Twist.
Plus 1000!

I'd also add an option to change the waveform display so it looks more like protools.
Old 22nd May 2017
I'm already testing out bitwig.. which has a lot of those features.. and then pairing that with Emulator 2 from touch innovations. So make your own remote interface.
etc.
https://touchinnovations.com/products/emulator-2/
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear

I don't personally need 10. Ableton has been updating the software regularly since 9 was released and I personally think smaller incremental updates make more sense than huge updates that break stuff. I can say that I've gotten my money's worth out of Ableton 9. Meanwhile Bigwig is trying to charger per year for updates. Screw that I'm sticking with Ableton.
Old 26th May 2017
Gear Addict

I legitimately don't care if it's called ableton 10 or ableton 9.gazzilion but for petes sake can we please get some vst3 support?!?
Old 26th May 2017
Gear Addict

The only thing I could wish for is a kind of a 'lanes' system in the audio so its easier to record audio and comp.
Old 26th May 2017
Gear Addict

The number ONE thing Ableton needs to get right first is its efficiency processing CPU/multicore threading (whatever its called). Ableton meter starts to hit 80 to 90% and starts stuttering meanwhile my top of the line computer is barely hitting 15%.
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass-out View Post
The only thing I could wish for is a kind of a 'lanes' system in the audio so its easier to record audio and comp.
This. Some legit form of audio comping.

I ♥ Session View.

There were 4 years between Ableton 8 and 9. Ableton 9 was released in 2013.

If I had to guess, I'd say this year, 2017, at their Loop event (November 10 - 12).
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

One can dream, right?
agreed... wish it could become more of a professional "daw" for me in some ways, as i love it as a professional "instrument" and song writing tool... just some things that couldn't be that hard to implement that wouldn't require going to Logic or PT or what have you.... I love ableton, prefer to write in it then ANYTHING else... but seems some of that last mile stuff...
Old 27th May 2017
Not sure if this can be done already... But I wash NMR auto fit selection to what ever you play into each slot like a fit to loop option that automatically puts the start and end braces in for you ...An auto fit to just the midi notes you record in for each slot.
Old 29th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Whereas I do see serious marginal utility regarding Session View for sketching out tracks, Arrangement View is in dire need of an overhaul. I realize you can have Auxillary Sends (Return Tracks) in some of the racks, but what's the deal with the maximum of a dozen in the Mixer? I don't believe VCAs are even on the radar, but if it were up to me their implementation would be close to the front of the line. Also, what's the deal with not being able to hide tracks?

I haven't purchased the Suite, but rather Standard, primarily as M4L requires the antiquated Java 6 on a Mac. What's the deal with using this ancient relic for the advanced functionality Max provides?

https://www.ableton.com/answers/is-i...e-on-mavericks
Old 2nd June 2017
I don't see the need for Ableton 10 right now (personally), but I'm sure I will enjoy the additions, 9 has been full of great updates so far.
Old 2nd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by africantigercow View Post
I legitimately don't care if it's called ableton 10 or ableton 9.gazzilion but for petes sake can we please get some vst3 support?!?
I am using VST3 in Ableton live for more then 2 years. Both FX and VST Instruments.

Magic word: DDMF Metaplugin.

Just today i was running Integra 7 editor (only available as VST3) in Ableton session.
Old 3rd June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
I am using VST3 in Ableton live for more then 2 years. Both FX and VST Instruments.

Magic word: DDMF Metaplugin.

Just today i was running Integra 7 editor (only available as VST3) in Ableton session.
If this works with vocalign it will be a massive game changer for me
Old 3rd June 2017
Silly....

Ableton 10 Details Leaked: Olfactory Synthesizer + Smell Racks

Ableton 10 Details Leaked: Olfactory Synthesizer + Smell Racks - DJ TechTools
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search