The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton Live 10, when? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 10th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by djadonis206 View Post
Posted in Elektronauts as well. I'm mostly a hardware person but I'm getting my feet wet with Ableton 10. Here's a little jam I put together with my mouse and keyboard

Hey man, are you the same Dj Adonis from the Ableton forums way way way back in the day?
Old 17th April 2019
Lives for gear

Should I keep Java installed on my mac? I don't have a big ssd and I was thinking I might save some room by deleting Java. I am using Live 10, 64bit...M4L devices don't need java anymore in Live 10?
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnsl View Post
Should I keep Java installed on my mac? I don't have a big ssd and I was thinking I might save some room by deleting Java. I am using Live 10, 64bit...M4L devices don't need java anymore in Live 10?
In general, no. Those devices that do actually use Java still need it though obviously. It's up to you to know if yours do. I'd uninstall Java and find out. At worst you'd just reinstall, right?
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
In general, no. Those devices that do actually use Java still need it though obviously. It's up to you to know if yours do. I'd uninstall Java and find out. At worst you'd just reinstall, right?
Exactly, and I don’t surf the web with that Mac
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Java installations are tiny.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinrecords View Post
Java installations are tiny.
And? Why would you keep Java on the off chance some MFL device would need it? It's not that common. If you need it at some point, just install it again. Or just forget about that device that needs it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
And? Why would you keep Java on the off chance some MFL device would need it? It's not that common. If you need it at some point, just install it again. Or just forget about that device that needs it.
I had no idea it's tiny...and Live10 doesn't require java for m4l devices anymore , right?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
It’d be like removing a napkin from a suitcase, so as to leave more room to pack for a flight—not worth discussing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
It’d be like removing a napkin from a suitcase, so as to leave more room to pack for a flight—not worth discussing.
As it was brought up, that's up to the OP and not you. Also, you're discussing it meaning you're contradicting yourself. If it wasn't worth discussing, you would have refrained from posting.

Keeping Java might also be a security risk. Which means it's worth removing only because of that.

I might add that if one maintains that nothing ever needs to be removed, as it's so small, all those files still add up.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I had no idea it's tiny...and Live10 doesn't require java for m4l devices anymore , right?
Since before MFL 8 (which came with with Live 10), I think. I forgot the exact version.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
As it was brought up, that's up to the OP and not you. Also, you're discussing it meaning you're contradicting yourself. If it wasn't worth discussing, you would have refrained from posting.

Keeping Java might also be a security risk. Which means it's worth removing only because of that.

I might add that if one maintains that nothing ever needs to be removed, as it's so small, all those files still add up.
Thanks for putting me in my place, Mr Social Justice Warrior of Software.

The ideas of Java on a Mac being a security risk and taking up room on a hard drive are so ludicrous, they're funny.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks for putting me in my place, Mr Social Justice Warrior of Software.

The ideas of Java on a Mac being a security risk and taking up room on a hard drive are so ludicrous, they're funny.
You were put nowhere. This is a discussion. It's not anyone else's fault you ran out of real arguments.
Java in macOS is definitely not without risks and keeping it because "@breakinrecords says so" is a weak assertion when you don't need it. Run your machines as you wish and stop ridiculing that others make decisions for themselves ignoring your nescient and antiquated claims.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search