The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The P-1 has the highest fidelity of all the A-Designs Audio 500 preamps, capturing the mojo of its older and larger sibling, the extremely popular Pacifica. It has a big low end, slightly forward midrange and extended highs. If you’re a fan of the Quad Eight or API sound, you’ll love the P-1! It shines on vocals, instruments, room mics, piano, and on instruments with sharp transients such as drums and various percussion instruments. If you’re building a lunchbox with drum recording in mind, a pair of P-1s is a superb choice for overheads when you want to capture the entire kit - especially the sizzle of the cymbals.

Discussions

Klark Teknik Pultec Clone - EQP-KT

...it into the rack and wire it into the patchbay. i tried some very preliminary tests. the chain was an A-Designs P-1 > Warm Audio 1176 > KT-EQP. i tried very simple, fast chains monitoring with Focal Spirit Pro headphones (great cans). the sources were DI bass, DI guitar, and some handheld dynamic microphone...

View Post

Mic (& pre) Locker from Scratch

...Rupert Neve 511 pre's plus one 10-space (3U?) case (leaves room for FIVE additional units) 3. A Designs (500 series) $3900 Four A Designs P-1 pre's plus two 3-space 1U cases (leaves room for two additional unis) Are those Sytek pre's as good as the others for drums? Vocals?

View Post

500 series - chassis and PSUs

...to be the most sensitive to power supply noise. I tried API 312, CAPI VP28, LTL Chroma, AMS-Neve 1073LB, A Designs P1, all terminated with 150 ohms at the input. But if you aren't doing more than 45-50 dB of gain then you probably won't care. I'd say that if you don't intend...

View Post