The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The A-Designs NAIL is one of the most musical yet transparent compressors ever manufactured. Housing hand selected tube circuitry and top-shelf components specifically chosen to best compliment and enrich the extended bandwidth of state of the art recording and mixing tools, the Nail is completely at home strapped across the main outs of hardware mixers or breathing analog warmth into DAW setups. While it has the ability to add character to any sound, it can also control dynamics very subtly in the background; and, unlike most compressors, the NAIL can be hit really hard without having the top end dragging down. Being able to switch from linked stereo to dual mono makes it a perfect tracking compressor as well; or, on a stereo mix, using dual mono with different settings on each side can have the effect of making the mix sound wider.

Discussions

The Hardware Compressor Thread (With Electronic Audio Files)

...cool to me) Name Of Hardware: Daking FET II Input: N/A Threshold: 4 Ratio: 1.5:1 Attack: 8 Release: "compex" Make Up or Output: 3 (not linked) Name Of Hardware: A-Designs Nail Input: Threshold: 6 Ratio: N/A Attack: 5 Release: 2 Make Up or Output: 5.5ish ("hard threshold": 4.1, sidechain 90hz, linked because I'm too lazy to mess with all those knobs) Name Of Hardware: Retro 176 Input: 20.05 Threshold: N/A Ratio: 2:1 Attack: 20 Release:...

View Post

Coming Soon - Audioscape D-Comp Stereo Limiter

Anyone thoughts on how this unit might compare with the Chandler Little Devil compressors and / or the A-Designs Nail, both of which I love and are (I believe) of the Diode family.

View Post

Video Guides