View Single Post
Old 10th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radial185 View Post
Schapp? Step on up mate. How'd ya do it?
The trick is I think to find the right sizes in the DIY store. The easiest size is the one with a width you can divide by 7, because 0,4,5,3,5,4,0 is a sequence of 7 . That's why I choose 56mm( 7 x 8 mm)
Regarding the height almost all slats near 1cm are 12 mm( 1/2 inch). So the base is for the module is a 12x56 slat. Another advantage is that for milling the fractals a standard 'millknife' is 8 mm.

One standard height is 12 mm and to make the module the 3 is the sequence was made with a 27mm slat and on top a 8mm MDF 'plateau'. That gives 35mm, but let's say 36mm(3 x 12mm). On the 'plateau' you can lay one and the two 12x56mm slats to give the 4 and 5 of the sequence. See the pictures. You can use 12mm MDF what is cheaper but for 'esthetics' I choose wood.

The fractals are about 25mm high (is the 5 in the sequnce) . Just mill 5mm on both sides and in the middle 1 cm. The width is about 40mm and that's become the 4,5,3,5,4. Put it in the middle of the 56mm slat and you have a 0,4,5,3,5,4,0 fractal
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Sound Diffusers—Free Blueprints—Slim, Optimized DIY Diffuser Designs (+Fractals)-arqen-1.jpg   DIY Sound Diffusers—Free Blueprints—Slim, Optimized DIY Diffuser Designs (+Fractals)-arqen-2.jpg   DIY Sound Diffusers—Free Blueprints—Slim, Optimized DIY Diffuser Designs (+Fractals)-arqen-3.jpg