View Single Post
Old 16th March 2010
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
I could be wrong but maybe dual path refers to when the inline monitor is more complete, for instance On a D&R Cinemix or an Otari Concept One, essentially both paths have identical eq and either could send to a buss. On the Concept One what the paths share are the aux sends which are in pairs and can only be assigned to a path in pairs, for instance if the mix path uses aux 1+2 the channel path cannot, but can use what isn't being used by the mix path.
Whereas on a regular inline console the small fader path doesn't have it's own full eq usually it's a 2 or 3 band eq.
But like I said I could be wrong, I looked at the Primal Gear Site and that doesn't look like it's the case with the Mozart, I think that console was Cryptic Globe's I seem to recall that the small fader wasn't automated
Just to clear the air on the confusion here, a true inline console uses groups to send the outputs of the channels to a multi‐track recorder. Each channel does not have its own individual output for tape, so groups MUST be used to send to tape. Most of these have been replaced with dual path inline consoles and are harder to find. A dual path inline console, or dual inline for short, is what we commonly incorrectly call an inline console these days. Instead of needing to use groups to send to tape, each channel has a separate output for sending to tape, and a separate input, called the monitor input, used for monitoring the signal post-tape/recorder. These are the defining factors of inline vs. dual path inline, but now-a-days you will be fine referring to them all as inline (no one uses true inline so they will assume you mean dual path inline).