The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

Warbler - Switchable Sound Style Solid State Condenser Microphone Applications . Lead/solo vocals, speech, acoustic/electric guitar, acoustic/electric bass, saxophone, brass and drum applications. Features . Switchable airy sound styles: Voicing1, Voicing 2 and Voicing 3 . Fixed cardioid pattern . 34mm center terminated externally polarized pressure gradient condenser capsule . Gold sputtered single large diaphragm . Hand-assembling capsule and hand-soldering PCB . Vintage style 9.5: 1transformer . Low frequency roll-off switchable between flat and 120Hz . Selectable pre attenuation: 0 or -10dB . Reduced sibilance . Fully discrete 'Class A' circuitry with high quality components on signal path including Fairchild FET, Dale resistors and Wima capacitors . Matched pair available

Discussions

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...metal film WIMA caps in that location. However, I see there are polystyrene in the front end of the Warbler circuit board pictured, which is good. My friend Tom Graefe who designed the Sony MXP3036 console turned me onto the polystyrene caps for coupling the capsule. BTW, those "mustard blob" capacitors you talk...

View Post

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...extremely slight processing--so my sound has to impress my clients or I don't work. My extremely positive experience with the Warblers led me to take the obvious next leap and order a GZ251 and it was one of the best gear decisions I have ever made. The GZ251 has that rich sound I loved...

View Post

Neutral microphones too boring (Rode NT1)?

Thank you very much for your advice friends. Indeed. I hear mixed reviews about the AT40XXs tough. They seem like a no-fail but no-excellence at the price point kind of thing. Thanks for your suggestions!

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides