The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

GZ47fet - Solid State Condenser Microphone 1970's Vintage Smooth Sound Style Applications . Lead/solo vocals, speech, acoustic/electric guitar, acounstic/electric bass, cello, grand/jazz piano, saxophone, brass and drum applications Features . 1970's vintage smooth sound style . 34mm center terminated externally polarized pressure gradient condenser capsule . Gold sputtered dual large diaphragm and single backplate . Hand-assembling capsule and hand soldering PCB . American made transformer . Selectable patterns: omni, cardioid and fidure-8 . Low freqency roll-off switchable between flat and 100Hz . Switchable pre attenuation: 0 or -10dB . Reduced sibilance . Fully discrete 'Class A' circuitry with high quality components including Fairchild FET, Dal resistors and Wima capacitors .Solid hardwood box . Matched pair available

Discussions

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

Here is what Master Zhuang said: "Only capsules are different. The GZ47fet is similar to Warbler II, GZ47fet V is smoother top end than GZ47fet and similar to M49, GZ251fet is similar to Warbler IV." I have the Warm Audio TB12, as i know, i can get it to warm up the mic's sound quite...

View Post

...capsule (47) - FET w/6.5:1 transformer-coupled output, cardioid only Warbler MKIID - center-terminated capsule (47) - FET w/6.5:1 transformer-coupled output, multi-pattern GZ47fet V: Smoother than GZ47fet, sounds like vintage M49. The GZ47fet V is better for dynamic female vocals where you want to tame any strident qualities, adding a more velvety texture, or possibly horns or violin...

View Post

...reason to believe 3U's LDCs are any less capable — in fact, I would love to try out the GZ47fet V and see if it might make a good alternative for my M149 when doing mobile work. It's clear this guy hasn't tried a single 3U mic, and the insinuation that Ragan and Dennis...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?