The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

GZ47fet - Solid State Condenser Microphone 1970's Vintage Smooth Sound Style

Applications
. Lead/solo vocals, speech, acoustic/electric guitar, acounstic/electric bass, cello, grand/jazz piano, saxophone, brass and drum applications

Features
. 1970's vintage smooth sound style
. 34mm center terminated externally polarized pressure gradient condenser capsule
. Gold sputtered dual large diaphragm and single backplate
. Hand-assembling capsule and hand soldering PCB
. American made transformer
. Selectable patterns: omni, cardioid and fidure-8
. Low freqency roll-off switchable between flat and 100Hz
. Switchable pre attenuation: 0 or -10dB
. Reduced sibilance
. Fully discrete 'Class A' circuitry with high quality components including Fairchild FET, Dal resistors and Wima capacitors
.Solid hardwood box
. Matched pair available

Discussions

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

Here is what Master Zhuang said: "Only capsules are different. The GZ47fet is similar to Warbler II, GZ47fet V is smoother top end than GZ47fet and similar to M49, GZ251fet is similar to Warbler IV." I have the Warm Audio TB12, as i know, i can get it to warm up the mic's sound quite...

View Post

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...capsule (47) - FET w/6.5:1 transformer-coupled output, cardioid only Warbler MKIID - center-terminated capsule (47) - FET w/6.5:1 transformer-coupled output, multi-pattern GZ47fet V: Smoother than GZ47fet, sounds like vintage M49. The GZ47fet V is better for dynamic female vocals where you want to tame any strident qualities, adding a more velvety texture, or possibly horns or violin...

View Post

Bought a tlm 49 and well........

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I’ll check out those other options that you suggested. My impression was the mics were tonally similar but as you say a lot of the finer details and subtlety are where the TLM falls short. I’ve also heard vocalist sound great through it and agree with the...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?