View Single Post
Old 10th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
If you're talking about the previous linked post by J. Roseberry, then at the top he just assumes, it will be faster due to CCXs communication.. there are no comparable DAWBench results say at 2133 vs 2933, because he switched to 64bit DAWBench from his previous test at lower RAM clock.
Yes, I saw that he did that, and it's interesting that we haven't seen any actual DAW data from testing at different memory speeds (as far as I can recall).

Quote:
One remark, that their top clocked 3200 memory sticks has also lower CL (14 vs 16). Running such memories at this high clock is generally know to be very problematic with regards to use with all 4 RAM banks populated according to multiple other report also by my friends.. so it's questionable, if it will be even possible to run for example 4x 8GB setup like that.
Well, some users seem to hit low CL and high speeds. Not sure why others have such problems finding the right combinations.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm glad, so far it looks like, it's the same with AMD for DAW workloads, because majority of people buy or consider Ryzen setup either for power/price ratio (or sentiment ).. and such fast RAM sticks, just adds to total price of their builds possible and increase possible compatibility problems at fully populated setups. So IF someone finally proves, it's irrelevant for this massively threaded workflow.. it's good news IMO.

Michal
I have to disagree. The Ryzen works very very well for what it is, and if it would work better with faster/lowerCL RAM then that would be better. One would then have the option of speeding up one's system.