View Single Post
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato View Post
They aren't going to hire me (for good reason) and have yet to provide a NEW product I can justify purchasing. A 49% share is not a majority share BUT the employees will get a piece if the majority shareholder decides to sell.
Actually, reading the article again more carefully, I think I misunderstood first time through.

If I'm reading it correctly now, they got 49% immediately, which will the progress up to 100% over the next 6 years.

Anyway, my main point was that Moog Music was Bob's company (and is now Bob's colleagues and employees company) and not something set up by a faceless entity that bought the rights to the name, which I got the impression from your post was what you believed?

Not saying it should make any difference to what you do or buy, just sharing information.

Quote:
If you have the resources to consider employee happiness before making a purchase, then more power to you; I can't.
If I'm honest buying fair-trade products is usually about as far as I go in that respect, unless I actually know the people involved personally.