The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The BLACK212 is a stereo, cardioid directional microphone that has dual small diaphragm electret condenser capsules positioned in an X/Y formation to deliver an accurate stereo image. While the microphone body terminates to a 3-pin XLR connector, the included specialized Y-cable (which must be connected directly to the microphone) splits the stereo signal down to two mono. It has come to be loved for both room and ambiance, as well as close micing applications. The BLACK212 is handmade from an actual discharged 12Ga shell.

Discussions

Microphones or mic pres?

...too (MOTU 16A). That said, I would still prefer a AEA R88 through my stock MOTU828es pres to a 12Guage Black 212 ($80 stereo mic) through a TG-2. So, it's all relative. I will say, though, from my experience, a nice pre will allow you to get the most out of any mic. So,...

View Post

Grand Piano Stick length

...of lo-fi, which for the right situation could be really cool. Now, I switched to using my new 12gauge microphones black 212 xy stereo, arranged with one capsule limiting more at the strings and one more towards the lid, as I learned recently from Bruce swedien's recording book, and I'm really loving that! Everyone...

View Post

Good Low Budget Mic's for a Grand Piano

Despite what I just said in my last post, my new 12 gauge black 212 has been great on grand piano the last 2 weeks and I'll be sticking with that in certain settings because of ease of setup and the small size

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?