View Single Post
Old 26th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
As a longterm member of the Presonus official board I have recently been banned for actively discussing the horrible RTL (round trip latency) of their new Studio 192 interface. Everything I have posted has been factual and backed up by real numbers including TAFKAT and daxmaestro's test results. There was no trolling or antagonizing members, just simple posts and very few, like 5, regarding the poor latency of the Studio 192. And most of those posts were ASKING for an official response from Presonus with some real numbers.
No arguments. No nothing like that. Just inquiries and facts.

Here is the message:

"You have been permanently banned from this board.
Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.
A ban has been issued on your username."

So I can see where Presonus is going with this. They refuse to admit that their Studio 192 product does not live up to their tricky marketing of USB 3 and "near zero latency" and they don't like the fact that others who are not sheep have pointed this out and demanded that they respond with some actual numbers.

This is really sad considering I have supported Presonus Studio One since V1 days and currently am recording with V3. But you know something? I'm reconsidering that decision because do I really want to be associated with and support a company that tries to censor the truth?

Again, no flamewars and I don't think I have 50 posts on that site and that's going back to when S1 V1 was released.

So now it's time to reconsider my options.... I think it's time to toss Presonus to the curb. Why? They obviously don't care about providing the consumer with the best possible product based upon feedback. They really don't. My older posts are still on the board and you can look for yourself, at least until Presonus deletes those as well. Name is Keys88... So what do you think fellow slutz?
Definitely don't sweat it. If it were me, I'd definitely not use any of their products! In fact after the battle with them saying my usb ports were the problem with the horrible latency performance with the Studio 192, I definitely no longer use Presonus studio, and I've gotten rid of the ADL600's I had in my studio. Presonus sucks period - well for me anyway. There's loads of people now complaining about the Studio 192, since from when I had it. The solution is not get a mac or the other nonsense people have been saying. Why should someone have to change their whole studio around to make something work, where people have been using their system for years with no problem? Just saying. Ok so it has burr brown converters.. Woohooo!! Yea, so does home theaters, Audient, Tascam, Zoom, RME.. So, show stopper? I think not. Now of course not everyone may use it for virtual instruments or plugins, but there are a lot of users out there that do! It's on their facebook page, on their website, and of course on gearslutz. And now they have the nerve to bring a mobile version of it to the table. If it's anything like the full blown 192, anyone working with vsti's or lots of plugins, need to blow past this sucker on the highway full throttle, and make a stop at the RME Babyface Pro exit! Someone on their page says he's going to get rid of his clarett for the 192 mobile! Good luck with that. I'm sure he'll probably make a u-turn or get something else if he does - if his workflow consists of vsti's.

Ok rant over, carry on.