View Single Post
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

Here is a demo for the patch Incense Sticks - which uses a long harmonic drone derived from vocal harmonics in granular mode in Layer 1 and the same drone in Layer 2 is used to excite the resonators of the pluck synth. Quite lovely, instant incense sticks. I'll make an audio demo combining it with other stuff soon, first more to sample, over the weekend I have hired a plethora of percussion instruments from my local instrument rental service, everything from chinese opera gongs, to Nepalese bells and crotales, to agogogos, flexatones, wahwah tubes, triangles, Jicara de aqua (water pumkin - a wooden drum instrument swimming on water) and more stuff. :party:

----

EDIT (1 day later):

A touch of epic soundtrack using 3 patches, an extra large frame drum played with a gong beater, sampled at 5 velocities/6x round robin, the Incense Stick-soundscape demonstrated in the video above and a sweeping synth which uses the pluck synth module.

----

Edit (another day later)

Now sample this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this...

A huge case with two layer of percussion bliss, plus the water pumpkin, I'll post more detailed pics later, now off to a hardcore sampling weekend. :help:

----

EDIT (later that day):
Some of the stuff sampled today:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 13th November 2015 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: update