The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Big Blue Compressor is a modern compressor with vintage qualities. Although it can sound transparent whenever necessary, it was designed to give character and warmth to your sound. Modern features from the digital world, including a Look Ahead function, are paired with qualities from the analog world, such as the saturation of transients that is typical of tube compressors. Far more than a tool to compress the dynamic range of sound, the Big Blue Compressor gives you unprecedented control over the character of the compression algorithm and the esthetics of the output sound. This enables you to vary from very clean and smooth results to dramatic reshaping of the sound transients.

Discussions

Any new plugins a step up from what I already use?

...Dawn Labs Slick EQ GE COMPRESSORS Native Instruments - Solid Buss Comp, Solid Dynamics, Supercharger GT, Vari Comp, VC160, VC2A, VC76 112dB - Big Blue Compressor Focusrite - Red 3 Compressor Stillwell - Bombardier Voxengo - Soniformer Tokoyo Dawn Labs - Kotelnikov GE LIMITERS 112dB - Big Blue Limiter Voxengo - Elephant REVERBS Acon - Verberate Native Instruments - RC24, RC48 112dB - Redline Reverb AMPS Native Instruments - Guitar...

View Post

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

...acqua so that's saying A LOT. The main thing im using algo for are for these beautiful sounding algo compressors: Big Blue Compressor VSC 2 Vertigo Softube CL1B

View Post

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

Imho I think its just an expectation not associated with the particular hardware being sampled. Not all compressors are punchy and not all eqs add weight as Im sure you know. I would assume the sampled plugins would translate those same characteristics. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't care for the actual hardware either....

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?