View Single Post
Old 8th May 2015
Lives for gear

Dave Reitzas on Amphion: “Beautiful, accurate, honest, inspiring!”

Los Angeles, CA
Finland-based high end loudspeaker manufacturer Amphion is honored to announce that multiple Grammy and Platinum award-winning engineer Dave Reitzas has chosen to purchase an Amphion monitoring system for his room in Studio C in world-renowned Westlake Recording Studios.

“I make thousands of calculated decisions throughout a full day to improve the music I'm mixing. The sound from the monitors to my ears is the final part in the chain that guides those choices,” states Reitzas. “The Amphion system gives me complete confidence that those decisions I make in the studio are going to translate accurately to the outside world.”

Reitzas has worked side by side with some of the greatest artists, producers and musicians of the last century (including Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, David Foster, Seal, Gloria Estefan, Frank Sinatra, Natalie Cole, Josh Groban, Michael Bublé and a whole lot more), so what they hear in his studio is extremely critical. “One of the best things I find about the Amphions is that the sound remains balanced and defined throughout the room,” Reitzas clarifies. “The artist or the producer doesn't have to be in the sweet spot to feel the benefits of these monitors. The whole room is the sweet spot!”

After evaluating several Amphion models, Dave chose the dual 6.5” woofer Two18 (paired with Amphion’s Amp500), influenced in part by their familiar sound. He explains: “They say that if you can make a song sound great on Yamaha NS10s, it will sound great everywhere, As an engineer for over 30 years, I know how to mix on NS10s…and the Amphions are like NS10s on steroids”.

Reitzas will also add a set of smaller Amphions to his home studio. “A perfect companion to my critical listening needs,” he summed up. “Monitors I can trust!"

With more than three decades and countless hit records under his belt, Dave’s most recent platinum award was for mixing the song “Earned It” by The Weeknd for the blockbuster film “50 Shades of Grey”. His extensive history and discography can be viewed at reitzas.com.

Amphion was founded in 1998 with the vision of creating systems that allow musicians, engineers and music enthusiasts to experience the creativity, energy and emotion in their music.
Attached Thumbnails
Amphion... Beautiful-reitzas-two18.jpeg   Amphion... Beautiful-two18-dave-reitzas.jpg  

Last edited by Bryce; 8th May 2015 at 06:13 PM..