Job Opening-Audio Producer
Busy Philadelphia-area (South-Jersey) ad agency and post-production facility seeks full-time Audio Producer.
The Audio Producer will handle all aspects of production of radio spots for our clients, assist video editors with audio/music portions of tv commercials, corporate videos, etc.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
-Selection of music for tv, radio commercials
- Oversee mass media audio production
- Maintain schedule for all of agency's audio production
- Work closely with creative team to develop branding
- Proofread scripts, creative direction
- Contract, schedule, and direct Voice Over (VO) talent recording sessions
- Operate recording studio hardware & software
- Accept, review, and submit VO invoices
- Edit, mix, and master: VO audio, music, and sound effects
- Maintain audio archive
This is a full-time studio position (not freelance) with benefits including paid vacation, company holidays, insurance coverage, retirement plan participation.
Candidate should have a minimum of 1 year, professional, paid work experience and be comfortable in fast paced, deadline driven work environment. You should be be a "self starter" with great ears and work ethic, the ability to maintain a schedule and meet deadlines, and good communication skills (i.e. responding positively to criticism) Ability to work in a team setting is critical to this position.
Successful candidate will need to start immediately.
This job requires requires work on-site. No remote work.
Candidates must be local to Philadelphia for in-person interview and must be eligible for full-time employment within the U.S.
Online samples/portfolio REQUIRED for consideration. Also send resume and references with salary expectations.
In Need of Experienced Post Sound Designer / Mixer
We are in need of an experienced post production sound professional to join our team of creatives in a fun work environment in Burbank. The position is ongoing freelance, including at least one mix every week for approximately 19 weeks starting in September. Sessions are sports feature mixes for cable television. Applicant would be responsible for all facets of audio post, including file prep, dialogue edit, sound edit, possible noise reduction, sound design and re-recording mix. Pay is negotiable.
The right candidate will possess:
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn new techniques, and passion for the craft.
- Clean, professional appearance.
- Ability to be respectful and patient with clients.
- High level of organization, especially in dealing with computer files.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to be a great collaborator; willing to work as a team player.
- Flexibility to work Saturday nights; possibly some holidays.
- Familiarity with Mac OS (specifically Mavericks).
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Pro Tools 11 HD software and Avid hardware.
- In-depth experience with Waves plugins, Izotope plugins including Ozone and RX3; and experience with SoundMiner software.
- Understanding of broadcast compliance (LUFS / LKFS) specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of post audio workflow for television - This includes dialogue and sound editing, sound design, and re-recording mixing.
Please apply via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org; send:
- Resume and cover letter (Send as PDF only)
- Reel or links of any previous sound work (Not required, but strongly suggested; may include as link or audio file attachment).
- Professional references
Part-time Multimedia Producer
Assist Spanish-language radio producers in recording and editing nationally broadcast educational radio programs to inform, educate, and empower Hispanics.
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) located near the US Capitol in Washington, DC seeks a part-time production associate for its nationally broadcast Spanish-language radio programs. HCN manages the Hispanic Radio Network (La Red Hispana), the oldest and largest Hispanic educational radio network in the US, which provides daily informational and educational programming to over 200 Spanish-language radio stations nationwide covering 90% of the US Hispanic population. The successful candidate will learn skills related to recording and digitally editing content for nationally broadcast Spanish radio shows, the details of national radio production and broadcast, and the syndication of stories to newspapers, online services and social media. In addition to hands-on learning of valuable skills that can be applied in radio, TV and new digital media, as well as in journalism, communications, public relations and social marketing, the successful production associate may also gain the personal satisfaction of having their stories broadcast nationwide, creating an invaluable resume and demonstration reel.
Minimum Requirements -- Skills/Knowledge/Traits
- Speaks, reads, and writes fluent Spanish AND English
- Must have investigative and curious nature that results in "getting the story"
- Well-organized, deadline-driven and responsive to fast paced environment
- Must possess a strong understanding of the diversity of U.S. Latinos
- General audio editing skills are a must, particularly with using Avid Pro Tools software
- Polished creative & technical writing skills, as well as knowing how to address different audiences with the same information
- Familiar with Adobe software (Photoshop, Acrobat)
- MS Office proficient -- (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with the use of Google apps for productivity (i.e. Google Drive, Calendar, Google Hangouts, etc.)
This is for a part-time position totaling roughly 25 hours per week, and pay is $13/hour. Applicants must email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com and change the subject line of your email application to "Multimedia Producer." Please click "details" & refer to the associated url for the full job description & requirements.
Technical Assistant WANTED
We are looking for an organised, technically proficient candidate to provide support to our creative team of designers, editors and producers.
Your responsibilities will cover:
IT support - hardware & software
Phone & alarm systems
Archiving and backups
Generating broadcast files
Qc and logging
You will need to have experience of:
Mac based networking
If you think this is you please send a covering letter and your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th June 2014.
LoveLive-Fulltime mixing position.
LoveLive are looking to hire an in-house audio engineer to replace a long-standing member of staff (who is off to set up the LoveLive office in Los Angeles).
We produce high quality video for record labels, brands, channels and artists. Being a music company, audio quality is obviously of the highest possible importance.
A successful candidate would be music passionate, with a great ear in a wide variety of genres. They would work well in a team, both in the office and in the field, and work well and swiftly under pressure of delivery.
Core duties would include the following:
- Mixing multi-tracks of live performances recorded at shows or sessions. Mixing projects could be anything from single mic acoustic performances up to 60+ track arena shows.
- Mixing short and long form 'documentary' style pieces. Working from OMF (from FCP or Premiere) and with video within Protools the applicant needs to have an understanding of mixing location dialog, VO, stereo music tracks and some sound effects for both online and terrestrial TX, to various specs.
- Recording music. Experience in recording anything from a small acoustic session up to a full band either in performance or in studio would be extremely useful.
- Location recording. Knowledge in the use and application of radio mics and shotgun mics.
Applicants should have a solid understanding of audio theory and technology.
Applicants should know how to mix music and 'documentary' style pieces in ProTools with video to a high standard.
Experience working with bands and artists in the studio or live would be beneficial.
Knowledge and experience in an 'Audio Post' environment would be useful. This is in terms of workflow to and from video editing platforms such as FCP and Premiere as well as shared storage networks.
Please send all applications FAO Kevin Molloy to email@example.com with a bit about yourself in the email, and attaching a CV with references.
Feature Film Post Audio Consultant
I am working on the Post Production Audio for a low budget feature film from mid June 2014.
I am confident that I can cover all deliveries. However as this is my first feature the producer has agreed that I can put aside a fixed sum of the budget for a consultant that can help me via E-mail, phone or in person answer any queries I may have during the Post Audio Track lay and Mix.
I live close to Birmingham, England so someone near by would be ideal but not essential. However you will need to be living in England.
I am looking for someone who has had experience delivering the following on at least 2 features:
Dialogue editing including ADR
FX track – fully filled
Normal professional standards of sound treatment and processing.
Pre Mix of tracks
Final Mix in 5.1 Dolby stereo.
Delivery of sound master for lay-back to picture master.
Please PM me if you are interested.
Technical Runner, London
Wise Buddah Creative Ltd are looking for a Technical Runner to join their audio post-production team in their central London studios. This position is ideally suited to somebody looking for an entry level position in the technical side of post-production.
Responsibilities will include:
Supporting the Senior Engineer in maintaining the technical infrastructure of the studios.
Maintaining and repairing studio equipment and computers
Being on hand to provide technical assistance for studio sessions
Transfer duties including file conversion, dubbing, media prep and delivery
Technical troubleshooting and research
General running duties
Technical support across other company departments
Knowledge of audio systems
Knowledge of recording & editing techniques
Understanding of electronics
Ability to solder
PC and Mac literate
Understanding of Post Production
Avid Pro Tools
Adobe Creative Cloud
Knowledge of video editing software i.e. Premier, Avid & FCP
Knowledge of networking and servers
Skills that would also be welcome:
Any coding or website skills advantageous
Please send CVs and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
DC Post Production Support
Georgetown Post is looking for an experienced Post-Production Support Engineer to work in their DC studio. Candidates will have strong technical and operational knowledge of Post Production workflows such as, spot transmission, closed captioning, compression techniques, video editing systems (Final Cut, Adobe Creative Suite), and other post-production related services. This position is based in Washington, DC
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Managing projects and prioritizing workflow, problem solving technical and operational challenges and file management of media assets.
• QC and final delivery of finished spots.
• Strong technical and operational knowledge of Post Production workflows
• Must have experience with Mac based computers, networking, storage area networks, and data management.
• Sync, edit, and run quality check on Closed Caption and Subtitle files
• Experience with command line and UNIX, bash or other similar shells.
• Knowledge with Cache-a Archive, and MAM best practices
Please send resumes to operations AT georgetownpost DOT com
FREELANCE AUDIO PRODUCER
To apply, click "I'm intereseted" and send the following to us:
1. Attach or link to your most recent audio production demo.
2. Send a few lines about yourself and what you do.
3. Attach a custom demo using your own creativity, production library/fx, and the elements at this location: http://jngl.es/elements
Composer for feature film
We're currently in the midst of picture edit of our feature film (coming-of-age romantic comedy), and we're now looking to bring a composer on board! Tonally, the film has a late 1950s-60s stylized feel but set in modern day LA. This is a microbudget feature, but it is a paid position.
*Must* have a strong background in jazz -- the director has put in temp music for now in the initial assembly of the film, which currently includes pieces by Bill Evans, Astrud Gilberto, Stan Getz, Charles Mingus, Dizzy Gillespie, Cole Porter.
Please provide samples of your past work of a similar vein (bebop, standards, bossa nova).
You should be available to work on this starting mid-June. We are aiming to complete all post-production by mid-August.
This is an ideal position for an experienced jazz musician/pianist who is getting into film composing (as opposed to an experienced film composer with limited jazz chops).
You do not have to be based in LA (as you'll be working in your own facilities), but that would be ideal.
If you're interested email email@example.com
Looking for Website and Merch designer
We are an independent neo-progressive rock band and looking for a designer to design a new website and/or 2 new T-shirt designs for us. Experience in the field of Prog would be an advantage.
If interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
help needed editing the timing of a drum track
I tracked guitar and vocals for a song and overdubbed drums.
The guitar and vocals speed up and slow down a bit (they weren't tracked to a click) and the overdubbed drums don't match up all that great.
I need some help getting the timing edited. I'm primarily a tape/console guy, and my editing skills are not the best.
The song is about 3 minutes long, folky tempo 4/4 time, simple drum pattern.
I'd prefer that the guitar/vocal track is not messed with, but if you can smooth out the timing and improve it that is ok.
i want to keep the natural feel, yet get the timing tight, and it needs to be a pro job.
You'll get 3 files, recorded at 44.1:
1 vocal + guitar
2 drums left
3 drums right
This might be a 15 minute job for an expert, but beware I insist that this track have a natural feel and might nickpick a bit!
Compensation $25 via paypal.
I need QC guys
the studio I work at needs QC'ers , and thought being that this post forum is filled with pro post cats in the LA area and better to throw the word out here than craigslist or other random post forums.. unless you guys know where the QC'ers hang out virtually
so if you guys know of someone or hear something, have a friend etc. PM me.
it would be QCing NBC and FOX masters so hopefully it'll be worthwhile for the inquirers
PS, the job offered section might be missed by the post section imo, thus the reason i post here. sorry mods
Senior Sound Engineer Wanted in NZ
We are an award winning boutique Music and Audio Post Production studio in New Zealand and we're looking for a Senior Sound Engineer to join our team. Hoping for someone with at least 5 years experience in commercial/advertising environment.
Could anyone please recommend a good job site for posting this on to get the best applicants in the industry?
Thanks so much!