Can I get your thoughts on this song? (Indie Alt. Rock)
Constantinos
28th December 2013
Old 28th December 2013
Gear interested

Can I get your thoughts on this song? (Indie Alt. Rock)

Here's a link for a high quality mp3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsxom5ejst...iving_song.mp3

I'm really digging the production of this song, a) the big kick drum sound b) the super loud fuzzy bass line and c) how every layer of back vocals or guitar sounds so crystal clear in this all-over-the-place loud production.

It was produced by Alain Johannes and most probably by her husband Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age.

Let me tell you that i have no clue if that's a good production material, i'm just an amateur home-recording hobbyist so i would love to hear what you think about the production of this song.

And here's my question..

I'm using Toontrack Superior Drummer for drums but i can't even get a similar sound near to this drum kick. I even bought Steve Slate and Allen Morgan drum-presets for Superior Drummer but i can't get big drum kick like that. My drums sounds so tiny compare to this... Do you have any suggestions how to achieve a similar kick drum sound? Maybe a room/reverb plugins etc

About the fuzzy bass tone i bought Big Muff pedal and it sounds pretty close. About the guitar tones i use Guitar Rig and i get pretty good and similar tones.

I'll post soon a sample cover of this so you can hear what i can get so far.

Thanks and sorry if i posted this on a wrong forum.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search