New video: Shot live in the studio
Old 16th August 2013
  #1
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
New video: Shot live in the studio

Hi everyone,

I've just finished my next video from my recently released album.

The track was recorded in SONAR X1 and mastered in Audition.

Guitars used: Fender Strat, Tokai Loverock, Ibanez Artwood and Ibanez Bass.
Amp: Marshall TSL
Pedals: MI Audio

I miced the amp with a single SM57.
Drums: Gretsch Catalina

The link:

ps. Remember to watch at the highest quality setting (480).

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 19th August 2013
  #2
Gear nut
 
alkie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
Hi everyone,

I've just finished my next video from my recently released album.

The track was recorded in SONAR X1 and mastered in Audition.

Guitars used: Fender Strat, Tokai Loverock, Ibanez Artwood and Ibanez Bass.
Amp: Marshall TSL
Pedals: MI Audio

I miced the amp with a single SM57.
Drums: Gretsch Catalina

The link:

ps. Remember to watch at the highest quality setting (480).

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,

Peter.
Sounds Great....Post it here Songs | Cakewalk Forums and you`ll get more reply`s and feedback, Stating you used Sonar in this forum is like cutting your own throat.
Old 19th August 2013
  #3
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkie View Post
Sounds Great....Post it here Songs | Cakewalk Forums and you`ll get more reply`s and feedback, Stating you used Sonar in this forum is like cutting your own throat.
Wow, ok thanks Alkie. Much appreciated.

I was kinda hoping that the music would speak for itself and the choice of DAW wouldn't really be a big deal.

Oh well...

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 19th August 2013
  #4
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
Very interesting mix contribution! Great overall sound quality! Good mix frequency balance. Passionate playing. I think I ended up with more energy and emotion than before playing. It is nice, I like it. In terms of production I think I would focus some more on energy and choice of instruments, a B3 and some background vocals would be sweet. Still, this is going in the right direction, I can feel the vibe. Thanks for sharing!
Old 20th August 2013
  #5
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothVibe View Post
Very interesting mix contribution! Great overall sound quality! Good mix frequency balance. Passionate playing. I think I ended up with more energy and emotion than before playing. It is nice, I like it. In terms of production I think I would focus some more on energy and choice of instruments, a B3 and some background vocals would be sweet. Still, this is going in the right direction, I can feel the vibe. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much, Smoothvibe.

Yes, I would loved to have some B3 on this track. Unfortunately the Hammond needs a bit of attention. It has since been sorted and I'm just about to upload a video which was recorded recently and has the real Hammond and Leslie all over it.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it and that you took the time to comment.

Much appreciated,

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 20th August 2013
  #6
Gear interested
 
audioerotique's Avatar
 

Haha, I like everything, but video could have been better at least DSLR 1080p Check out music videos we do in my signature. I takes like half a day, ant a week of montage, to film all takes
Old 20th August 2013
  #7
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioerotique View Post
Haha, I like everything, but video could have been better at least DSLR 1080p Check out music videos we do in my signature. I takes like half a day, ant a week of montage, to film all takes
Yep, I hear what you're saying. I would have loved to shoot in Hi Def. I will eventually upgrade but will only do so as the demand increases.

I checked your stuff out. Very nice but the only problem is that I live in South Africa.

I do all the shooting and editing myself. It's quite a bit of work having to play, shoot etc. Thats why unfortunately there are no pans or zooms.

Thanks for watching though,

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 20th August 2013
  #8
Gear interested
 
audioerotique's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
I do all the shooting and editing myself. It's quite a bit of work having to play, shoot etc. Thats why unfortunately there are no pans or zooms.
You could try different camera placements, and do a lot of takes. But that takes time.
Old 20th August 2013
  #9
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioerotique View Post
You could try different camera placements, and do a lot of takes. But that takes time.
Yes, thats what I did. There were wide angles and close ups and then various different angles but as you said it does that a lot of time and effort. The result is worth it though.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.