Login / Register

Greatest Tips and Tricks to Mixing (Digital)
New Reply
Subscribe
Just Started
15th July 2013
Old 15th July 2013
Gear addict

Question Greatest Tips and Tricks to Mixing (Digital)

Newbie here that can only afford low end gear, yet wanting to make great quality music that pros will take seriously. I'm not rich so I can't afford high quality stuff, but I want to do the best I can with what I can afford.

I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, it's supposed to have pretty good AD/DA converters. I also have the plug-in suite that came with that is supposed to be pretty good too. I will be buying the REAPER DAW and may use their plug-ins if they are better.

Since I am poor, I will most likely need to use digital plug-ins to eq/mix. (free or cheap for a significantly better plug-ins)

What I am asking is, can you professionals who have lots of experience going through all the trials and errors of different hardware and software and from just becoming very skilled in the craft offer what you think would be your best advice/most helpful thing you have learned on how to make high quality music.
So if you can provide a link or name to the most helpful (engineer who REALLY knows what he is doing) info or just give some great tips.

Just trying to make the most of my time by learning from the pros and what knowledge they have gained. I do respect that you do need to learn from mistakes and trial and error, but if any pros out there can offer great advice, I will try to absorb that info to avoid "wasting" time myself.

So to sum it all up, just provide your most helpful tips, names of some of the best plug-ins for mixing (mastering aswell if there are any, of course I know only a pro should master, but you have to work with what you can) best steps when mixing or even recording for that matter.

Thanks for your time and help.
Just Started
16th July 2013
Old 16th July 2013
Gear addict

Nothing?
I'm just trying to get the professionals greatest tips and tricks and not watch or read articles from not-so great engineers. So just a link to a world class mixer or something that provides real professional info would be nice. Or just the name of the engineer themselves and I can look them up. I want to learn the right way, the first time.
16th July 2013
Old 16th July 2013
Gear maniac

Try doing a search, pretty sure you'll find plenty of threads on most stuff and try the Q+A section, a wealth of info there.
Just Started
16th July 2013
Old 16th July 2013
Gear addict

Thanks for the input manuke. Yeah I know, I was trying to see if I could learn from the best you know, so that way I learn the pro/right way the first time from someone who really knows their stuff. Just was hoping a professional could recommend another professional who really knows their stuff. If no one lets me, then I guess I will search anyways, just hoping to not just learn from a amateur (not that there is anything wrong with that, but world class engineers are that for a reason, so I want to learn from them).

The only professional offering great info on mixing and a multitude of things, is Pensado's place. Learning from there, but would be nice having more info from other pros. I mean even if you are a member here and are known to be very knowledgeable and have some threads on here, let me know and I will check out what you have.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search