Subscribe
luctellier
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Rock Mix using VBC

Hey guys,

Here's a rock mix I just finished for a band from Slovenia using VBC FG-Grey on my drum buss and VBC FG-Red on my master buss doing about 2-3dB of compression.

This is my version 1.0 so any comments are welcome!

Thanks!
LT
Attached Files
bee
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
bee
Lives for gear

Great song! Thanks for posting. Gotta get me the VBC.
luctellier
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Great song! Thanks for posting. Gotta get me the VBC.
Thanks! Try the demo!
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Gear Head

luctellier
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintoncole View Post
Sounds awesome, the only thing I noticed is that the first instrument that plays sounds thin, like maybe you used a little too much compression or a little too much EQ work on it.

Overall sounds awesome though, you should check out my mix and let me know what you think

Lady Gaga/RedOne Inspired Producer Looking for Feedback on this Mix!
Thansk for listening man! The first instrument, you mean the lead guitar during the intro? I made it thinner on purpose to make it cut through the rythm guitars that start right after the intro! 3 guitars playing in that same range can create a muddy mix!
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Gear Head

I totally get you, I would just add some low end just for that beginning section, then automate it back how you have it for the rest of the song, but like I said besides that it sounds awesome!
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Gear maniac

Wow, man. Love the tune. Actually got chills during the chorus. I love the guitar tones. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Oh and I ordered VBC about an hour ago!
luctellier
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin View Post
Wow, man. Love the tune. Actually got chills during the chorus. I love the guitar tones. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Oh and I ordered VBC about an hour ago!
Thanks man! You won't be dissapointed!
29th June 2013
Old 29th June 2013
Gear maniac

Wow, I don't know what the VBC is about but I'll find it out. The sound is huge. I also enjoyed the song a lot. I think the bass is a bit buried in the mix, but I'm sure you have good reasons to do it that way because the overall sound is amazing.
29th June 2013
Old 29th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by luctellier View Post
Hey guys,

Here's a rock mix I just finished for a band from Slovenia using VBC FG-Grey on my drum buss and VBC FG-Red on my master buss doing about 2-3dB of compression.

This is my version 1.0 so any comments are welcome!

Thanks!
LT
You are good at this, aren't you lucteller?

More bass please

And I don't like the chord at 1:27, end of chorus(es) but I guess that's a band preference. It works for me at the end of verses but not at the end of choruses.

And I think there are some clashings at some points of the track. Guitar dissonances are cool but just my taste.

The backing vocals at the choruses sound too raspy for my taste. The gritty character of the lead vocals is enough, IMHO the backing vox should be smoother.

And I don't care about what plugin are you using on your mix bus, you sound good everytime I check your mixes. Good work as always!
29th June 2013
Old 29th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Smile View Post
Wow, I don't know what the VBC is about but I'll find it out. The sound is huge. I also enjoyed the song a lot. I think the bass is a bit buried in the mix, but I'm sure you have good reasons to do it that way because the overall sound is amazing.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lau View Post
You are good at this, aren't you lucteller?
I don't know? You tell me!

Quote:
More bass please
I'm not sure about the bass! To turn the bass level up without ruining the mix I would have to turn down the distorted bass track and I quite like the dirty tone of it right now! Do you mean there is not enough actual low-end/bass or that we can't hear enough of the bass instrument?

Quote:
And I don't like the chord at 1:27, end of chorus(es) but I guess that's a band preference. It works for me at the end of verses but not at the end of choruses. And I think there are some clashings at some points of the track. Guitar dissonances are cool but just my taste. The backing vocals at the choruses sound too raspy for my taste. The gritty character of the lead vocals is enough, IMHO the backing vox should be smoother.
Unfortunately, these are all things I don't have control as I didn't produce or record the band, I just mixed and mastered! I hear what you're saying about the gritty character of the vocals. Some people like, some others don't! It's kinda typical for that old-punk music style though!

Quote:
And I don't care about what plugin are you using on your mix bus, you sound good everytime I check your mixes. Good work as always!
Haha! Thank you very much!

30th June 2013
Old 30th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by luctellier View Post
I'm not sure about the bass! To turn the bass level up without ruining the mix I would have to turn down the distorted bass track and I quite like the dirty tone of it right now! Do you mean there is not enough actual low-end/bass or that we can't hear enough of the bass instrument?
If you check the horrible things I did to your mix in your other thread, you'll notice I like low frequency range
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search