Rock Mix using VBC
Old 28th June 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 
luctellier's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Rock Mix using VBC

Hey guys,

Here's a rock mix I just finished for a band from Slovenia using VBC FG-Grey on my drum buss and VBC FG-Red on my master buss doing about 2-3dB of compression.

This is my version 1.0 so any comments are welcome!

Thanks!
LT
Attached Files
Old 28th June 2013
  #2
bee
Lives for gear
 
bee's Avatar
 

Great song! Thanks for posting. Gotta get me the VBC.
Quote
1
Old 28th June 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
luctellier's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Great song! Thanks for posting. Gotta get me the VBC.
Thanks! Try the demo!
Old 28th June 2013
  #4
Gear Head
 
clintoncole's Avatar
 

Old 28th June 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 
luctellier's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintoncole View Post
Sounds awesome, the only thing I noticed is that the first instrument that plays sounds thin, like maybe you used a little too much compression or a little too much EQ work on it.

Overall sounds awesome though, you should check out my mix and let me know what you think

Lady Gaga/RedOne Inspired Producer Looking for Feedback on this Mix!
Thansk for listening man! The first instrument, you mean the lead guitar during the intro? I made it thinner on purpose to make it cut through the rythm guitars that start right after the intro! 3 guitars playing in that same range can create a muddy mix!
Old 28th June 2013
  #6
Gear Head
 
clintoncole's Avatar
 

I totally get you, I would just add some low end just for that beginning section, then automate it back how you have it for the rest of the song, but like I said besides that it sounds awesome!
Old 28th June 2013
  #7
Gear maniac
 
jkervin's Avatar
 

Wow, man. Love the tune. Actually got chills during the chorus. I love the guitar tones. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Oh and I ordered VBC about an hour ago!
Old 28th June 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 
luctellier's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin View Post
Wow, man. Love the tune. Actually got chills during the chorus. I love the guitar tones. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Oh and I ordered VBC about an hour ago!
Thanks man! You won't be dissapointed!
Old 29th June 2013
  #9
Gear maniac
 

Wow, I don't know what the VBC is about but I'll find it out. The sound is huge. I also enjoyed the song a lot. I think the bass is a bit buried in the mix, but I'm sure you have good reasons to do it that way because the overall sound is amazing.
Old 29th June 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Mr. Lau's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by luctellier View Post
Hey guys,

Here's a rock mix I just finished for a band from Slovenia using VBC FG-Grey on my drum buss and VBC FG-Red on my master buss doing about 2-3dB of compression.

This is my version 1.0 so any comments are welcome!

Thanks!
LT
You are good at this, aren't you lucteller?

More bass please

And I don't like the chord at 1:27, end of chorus(es) but I guess that's a band preference. It works for me at the end of verses but not at the end of choruses.

And I think there are some clashings at some points of the track. Guitar dissonances are cool but just my taste.

The backing vocals at the choruses sound too raspy for my taste. The gritty character of the lead vocals is enough, IMHO the backing vox should be smoother.

And I don't care about what plugin are you using on your mix bus, you sound good everytime I check your mixes. Good work as always!
Old 29th June 2013
  #11
Lives for gear
 
luctellier's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Smile View Post
Wow, I don't know what the VBC is about but I'll find it out. The sound is huge. I also enjoyed the song a lot. I think the bass is a bit buried in the mix, but I'm sure you have good reasons to do it that way because the overall sound is amazing.
Thank you very much!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lau View Post
You are good at this, aren't you lucteller?
I don't know? You tell me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lau View Post
More bass please
I'm not sure about the bass! To turn the bass level up without ruining the mix I would have to turn down the distorted bass track and I quite like the dirty tone of it right now! Do you mean there is not enough actual low-end/bass or that we can't hear enough of the bass instrument?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lau View Post
And I don't like the chord at 1:27, end of chorus(es) but I guess that's a band preference. It works for me at the end of verses but not at the end of choruses. And I think there are some clashings at some points of the track. Guitar dissonances are cool but just my taste. The backing vocals at the choruses sound too raspy for my taste. The gritty character of the lead vocals is enough, IMHO the backing vox should be smoother.
Unfortunately, these are all things I don't have control as I didn't produce or record the band, I just mixed and mastered! I hear what you're saying about the gritty character of the vocals. Some people like, some others don't! It's kinda typical for that old-punk music style though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lau View Post
And I don't care about what plugin are you using on your mix bus, you sound good everytime I check your mixes. Good work as always!
Haha! Thank you very much!

______________
Official Website: http://www.luctellier.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/ltellier
Twitter: http://twitter.com/luctellier
Old 30th June 2013
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Mr. Lau's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by luctellier View Post
I'm not sure about the bass! To turn the bass level up without ruining the mix I would have to turn down the distorted bass track and I quite like the dirty tone of it right now! Do you mean there is not enough actual low-end/bass or that we can't hear enough of the bass instrument?
If you check the horrible things I did to your mix in your other thread, you'll notice I like low frequency range
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.