Login / Register

Love song for a persian girl. please comment. is this too romantic? ;)
New Reply
Subscribe
patrick81
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
I do things.

Unhappy Love song for a girl. please comment. is this too romantic? ;) VTM, UBK, REDD

Anyone? Thanks
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Lives for gear

I don't think the vocals are "gay" ;-) I think they are good. I had to check if the subwoofer is on, because there wasn't much lowend... or my sub is still not on. The song could, maybe, use a little more contrast between the parts of the arrangement - especially the ending just kinda drops off - but the voice sample is nice.. do you know what the voice says? All in all: thumbs up! If she doesn't appreciate that, than it wasn't your song's fault.
GS fun: people who can't drive ask other people who can't drive if they should buy a 12 ton truck or a BMW. Then ask somebody from Berlin (with a map of Moscow) for the way to the train station in Hongkong. Somebody stresses the importance of grabbing the steering wheel with one hand only, as Bruce Swedien was reported to have done that 1986, while reversing into his driveway.
If want to check some tasteful piece of art I was involved, here: https://soundcloud.com/frans_13/organtransplant
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Lives for gear

dude. i'm gonna be very honest with u, please do not get offended
i'm persian, and this song has no persian influence in it at all.
it has some indian flavor cuz of the tablas which is an indian insturment (and she is gonna hate it for that) and the use of the sitar (which is again an indian insturment but sounds very similar to a persian insturment called santur) are so not middle eastern, it's pure western. same as the use of violon
and honestly after a minute it gets pretty boring and i can't imagine any persian girl to have any vibe with this kind of song..
for the use of sitar i could recommend you to listen to this song:
Mohsen Chavoshi,Ali Santoori - Sange Saboor - YouTube
use of the violon i could recommend you this song:
bijan mortazavi the best violin player of world best violin player - YouTube
and this:
Bijan Mortazavi Rangin Kaman - YouTube wait till 00.40 till the violon comes in
and as for as love songs, these two are pretty touching to persian people:
Shahram Solati - Hasoudi OFFICIAL VIDEO HD - YouTube which plays a great violon in it
and this:
Siavash Ghomayshi - Alaki - YouTube

and for the drums, please get rid of the tablas and those percussion, as if you hear to any of the examples i gave you, the drums are pretty much the only elements that stay westernized....

and the last but not least, what a persian girl would love to hear is none of the above...
it's something like this:
Sami Beigi - Ahang e To | Music Video | Bia2.com
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Pragmatic Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjaal View Post
what a persian girl would love to hear is none of the above... it's something like this:
Sami Beigi - Ahang e To | Music Video | Bia2.com

I gotta admit, that red shirt he's sportin' about halfway thru is pretty dope, the lock-down collar is tall and crisp.

If that video is anything to go by, Persian chicks look a lot like West Hollywood chicks.

Gregory Scott - ubk

Kush Audio: Where High End Keeps Getting Higher

Kush Audio: Where High End Keeps Getting Higher
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Pragmatic Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
... when is the last time you made a girl cried?

This morning, in fact... but only because the therapist made us act out our most common fight.

Seriously though, glad the song worked and glad it had the impact you were hoping for. Nice gesture, and nice work!

Gregory Scott - ubk
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Lives for gear

wtf is wrong with u mate?
i don't care wtf u r and i did not start any cultural war. who is talking about religion and politics?? i don't understand why my reply offended you in anways. if you feel that i'm better than you by or have any advantage bt saying "i'm a persian and..." that's your problem dude. go see a doctor about that... and i don't understand why should i be jealous about u? for your persian girl? if you saw one, and made a song for her, i see one every week or two and don't make a song for any of them lol
you made a song for your persian girl and you posted it here and asked for opinions, and i gave you my impression about what you made. if you pay attention to my previous post, you'll see that in every part of it, i'm providing you with positive tips, and you should feel lucky that there is a persian guy like me in here who can help you...
about the tablas, if you heard a persian song with tablas in it, it was probably an indian cover song, or the song tried to sound indian and/or with indian flavor... not all the persians like these types of songs, arabic flavor? sure, indian? no.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search