This was supposed to be a simple song...
Old 18th April 2013
Gear maniac

This was supposed to be a simple song...

but it has turned out to be a really hard song to arrange and mix.. probably because it is so "simple"..

anyways, i'd love some feedback on the song, arrangement and especially the mix.
it is bounced without anything on the master bus, so it is probably kinda quiet

https://soundcloud.com/lavoll/as-long-as-28/s-29XpB
Old 19th April 2013
Gear maniac

Old 19th April 2013
Gear maniac

Right - that's a tough one. It's a lovely song, but with something this sparse it makes decisions harder.

It sounds as if everything is pushed way back - like everything is playing from the back wall of the room. You can't have just the vocals forward on their own - something else needs to be filling the space in the middle - both in terms of the frequency and the depth. It's not necessarily additional instrumentation, just some more aggressive placement of the synth or drum parts.

Not sure if I'm making any sense - but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.
Old 19th April 2013
Gear maniac

yes, i also got another very similar comment
hmm.. i have some ideas i might try when i get back in the studio. thanks. appreaciated!!!
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear interested

I can't take you seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn Lavoll View Post
but it has turned out to be a really hard song to arrange and mix.. probably because it is so "simple"..

anyways, i'd love some feedback on the song, arrangement and especially the mix.
it is bounced without anything on the master bus, so it is probably kinda quiet

https://soundcloud.com/lavoll/as-long-as-28/s-29XpB
I just saw your bio picture! For some strange reason, I perceived you as slightly off-putting holding a ukelele, wearing a suit!
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookimaru View Post
I just saw your bio picture! For some strange reason, I perceived you as slightly off-putting holding a ukelele, wearing a suit!
I started a ukulele orchestra, and we wear suits, so the bio pic is probably from a gig day or something
Old 22nd April 2013
Myr
Gear addict

I like it! Personally I would try to add even more character and personality to the vocals, as they're so prominent.

Tough mix, you have my support, but it sounds pretty good where you're at now
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear maniac

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search