New Reply
Subscribe
GuberX
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear interested

My First Mix...

Hi everyone,

The song i attached is my first track mix working with Pro Tools 10. I am using a Windows 7 Desktop system with 6GB Ram CPU: P4HT-3.00Ghz(can OC it to 3.6stable), this system I mainly use for the mixing. I also use a Toshiba laptop for the recording just because I cant use my home to record...
the laptop has 6GB Ram and a AMD V140 2.3GHz...

the audio interface I used for recording was the Focusrite Scarlette 18i6, mixing at home I use a cheapy M-Audio FastTrack.

this song was first recorded with Reaper then once I got PT I imported the recorded tracks, and started messing around with shit and watched a few youtube videos and this is what I came up with so far... oh and the drums in this track are done with EZDrummer plugin because we have not yet recorded the drums.

let me know what ya guys think, or if you have any suggestions. Just trying to save my band some money to get a decent start for a album
Attached Files
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

The kick is too clicky, amigo
The vocals are a little buried, gotta work levels and compression on them
guitars are a little shy too
drums, I 'd like them dirtier

Good for first mixing project dude, keep at it!
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear interested

thanks lau... im not really to worried about the drums because I am wanting the live drums recorded and then possibly tweak them with the midi. Other than that, after hearing this song on other speakers I did notice I need to make more adjustments. Im still fairly new to the mixing side of things.

surprised on how many people have listen to the song, but no comments or anyhing but 1... haha
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear addict

Cool track. Just had a listen. Theres some timing issues in the performance. This sounds to me like more of a fader's up mix. It doesn't blend the way it should. The vocal is muddy and the drums are brighter than the vocal.

Drums need a bit more oomph to them. Perhaps some parallel saturation or compression running off of the Drum Buss.

A large part of your problem is the timing issues, which can be fixed by slicing and dicing the audio and moving various bits around. It's a bit of a tedious task. Once you get everything in synch, you'll get a better idea of what you need to do in order to get everything on the same audio plane.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search