My latest, probabaly no comments again :( But I'll give it a try :)
Old 14th March 2013
  #1
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Post My latest, probabaly no comments again :( But I'll give it a try :)

Old 14th March 2013
  #2
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
:(
Old 14th March 2013
  #3
Gear nut
 
Iamcory's Avatar
 

Well, I may not be professional, but at this point I am assuming you'll stand for any feedback at all haha. But man I was really trying to pick something out there so I don't just end up saying "sounds good", when really thats all I feel like I can say; I'll give a shot anyway, hopefully not too vague.
The guitar solo in the second song seemed to lack focus compared to the solo in the first song. Just seemed like it wasn't as clearly the focal point, but it probably wasn't because that amazing sax is sounding too damn good to cover up.
Maybe its just me, or just the two differing songs, but the drums (esp the kick) sounds more prominent in the second song.
I didn't promise good criticism, but I figure its better than no replies. haha
Always cool to see someone (somewhat) near Fargo too.
good job
Old 15th March 2013
  #4
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcory View Post
Well, I may not be professional, but at this point I am assuming you'll stand for any feedback at all haha. But man I was really trying to pick something out there so I don't just end up saying "sounds good", when really thats all I feel like I can say; I'll give a shot anyway, hopefully not too vague.
The guitar solo in the second song seemed to lack focus compared to the solo in the first song. Just seemed like it wasn't as clearly the focal point, but it probably wasn't because that amazing sax is sounding too damn good to cover up.
Maybe its just me, or just the two differing songs, but the drums (esp the kick) sounds more prominent in the second song.
I didn't promise good criticism, but I figure its better than no replies. haha
Always cool to see someone (somewhat) near Fargo too.
good job

Thank you. Yeah, that sax man is crazy good. Was lucky to find him. The other two songs have an equally amazing harmonica player if you want to check them out. Thanks again for your opinion!

Rob Adelman - YouTube
Old 15th March 2013
  #5
Gear nut
 
Iamcory's Avatar
 

yeah i'll check em out.
btw, whats up with your headphones?
looks like duct tape on them lol
Old 15th March 2013
  #6
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcory View Post
yeah i'll check em out.
btw, whats up with your headphones?
looks like duct tape on them lol
Yup, duct tape.

Love those phones for tracking vocals!
Old 15th March 2013
  #7
Gear nut
 
Sample Seven's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Yup, duct tape.
Make sure you use special acoustic duct tape, only $50 a roll but it really brings out the analog warmth!
Old 15th March 2013
  #8
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample Seven View Post
Make sure you use special acoustic duct tape, only $50 a roll but it really brings out the analog warmth!
Actually.. I have a couple of these old Sony phones, the earpieces eventually get loose and slide up and down. Plus it's true, the tape boosts the bass on these things quite a bit.
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
meymia / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
167
PapiBlack / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
5
mrfairplay / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
9
sixtiksix / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
12
derker / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
19

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.