New Reply
Subscribe
mackofficial
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Gear interested

Justice - please critique if you can spare a few mins

Hi guys,

Just finished this track after going back to it a number of times. Wrote, sang, produced and mixed this myself.

Would love to hear your honest feedback on all elements of the song, good and constructive!

https://soundcloud.com/mac-uk/justice

Thank you very much!!

Mack
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackofficial View Post
Hi guys,

Just finished this track after going back to it a number of times. Wrote, sang, produced and mixed this myself.

Would love to hear your honest feedback on all elements of the song, good and constructive!

https://soundcloud.com/mac-uk/justice

Thank you very much!!

Mack
Ok, listening as i'm writing i kinda lost interest there somewhere around 30-40seconds, i feelt something "new" needed to happen, a little arpeggio melody in the bakground maybe? The wah guitar(or whatever it is) that comes in later sounds nice, but couldn't it play some more strokes, sorta jimi hendrix "wah wah:ish"? That would probably sound even better!. The melodies feels fine to me, and your a good singer, the best i have heard on this forum so far!
The drumsounds i think is the weakest part of this track, they sound a little...i don't know, a little strange, are they reverbed or something?
The kickdrum needs to be more "present", if the sample sounds "like that" you could try a transient designer/shaper to get some more out of the kickdrum.
Well that's all i could think about now!
If you have the time check out my music here: http://www.soundcloud.com/andreaslanger
5th March 2013
Old 5th March 2013
Gear maniac

I have to agree - it's a strong vocal but the drums are really ruining it for me. Very splashy in the highs and over-effected.
mackofficial
5th March 2013
Old 5th March 2013
Gear interested

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen guys, and for your really valuable feedback. It's so helpful to have an objective opinion having listened to it so many times myself. I will take a look at this tonight, you are so right about the drums! Mack
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search