How to fund a studio project?
New Reply
Subscribe
HonaCostello
14th February 2013
Old 14th February 2013
Gear nut

How to fund a studio project?

Hello! Recently I've gotten tired of having clients come over to my house to record. So I was wondering how do I get funding for a studio? I heard of these angel investors but I'm not to fond of them. Also I dont have A1 credit. I was wondering what Credit Score I needed?

I have already scouted out places in Los Angeles, CA. and I found tons of places, thats only like 1000-1500 a month.

My estimate price was 7-10k.

And is there other ways to fund a studio?

Thanks.
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear addict

You could have a credit score of 7 gazillion and no investor in possession of a brain would be interested.

$7-10k? You clearly have no idea what you're asking them to invest in. Commercial studios will spend more than that simply getting somebody to design it. They'll spend more than that on cabling. They'll spend more than that on furniture. You're in dreamland. Multiply by 20 you might be able to do something.

The only way to fund a studio is through your own hard cash. Investors invest - they don't donate. Investing is where you put money in and, in as short a time as possible, more money than you put in comes out. Very few studios achieve this - particularly those in the 7-10k - ie project studio - bracket.

Even if they did exist, you would need a proper business plan to show them. Your post to me suggests you don't have that.
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Head

Ouch...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

In 1970 7-10k would rent you a space with no gear.In 2013 it won't even pay for the space for long.

Are you making 5-10k per month recording now after expenses with no rent?

My company vehicle gas bills are $3200 a month alone.There are a lot of other costs of maintaining any facility also-internet,electric,trash,security etc.

You have to consider all the costs in any venture before even considering it.

Sent from my PC36100
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

No real investor is going to put the money up. No bank is going to put the money up.

If you're not going to make the money yourself, you're going to need to find people who just really CARE about what you're doing. If that's not a friend or family member or something like that who cares about YOU, then you need to look at who you can collaborate with that has access to some of the resources you lack... and cares about the project.

https://soundcloud.com/AintNobodyMusic/aint-nobody-sample

https://soundcloud.com/aintnobodymusic/get-down-sample

https://soundcloud.com/aintnobodymusic/angsmn-sample

https://soundcloud.com/aintnobodymusic/do-what-you-love-sample

AINT NOBODY album is DONE!!! Videos now in production.

Want music and videos BEFORE their official release dates?

PM me for your private password invitation and BE FIRST!
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear nut

Let's take a step back here. What kind of profits are you clearing now? How would you expect a new studio to increase that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear interested

I'm doing the same exact thing. Just trying to get people out of my basement studio and create a studio OUTSIDE my house. I only need to raise about $2,000 though. Any ideas for fundraisers?
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeoxendale View Post
I'm doing the same exact thing. Just trying to get people out of my basement studio and create a studio OUTSIDE my house. I only need to raise about $2,000 though. Any ideas for fundraisers?
Most people do the job until they have the money.

I doubt you will get sponsored for a parachute jump to build a studio.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search