Old 2nd December 2012
Gear nut

First ever mix

I'm a hobbyist that mainly does classical stereo recordings, so mixing multitrack is an entirely new experience for me. I'm helping a friend record an album of originals for his church and could really use any suggestions for improvements because I'm absolutely clueless at this point.

He came to me because he didn't have the capital to rent a studio, hire a mixing or mastering engineer, etc. so I figured I'd try to do the best I could (hopefully with YOUR help ) for him and his church.

This is just a runthrough of his composition, done via multitrack (he's a one-man band) so some of it may be out of sync. I hope to see what I can do to improve the quality before we get together again, and I know I have much to learn so please be ever so kind as to hit me with all you've got!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Mix.mp3 (8.46 MB, 27 views)
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

yeah, way out of sync. get the timing right first. might have to be re-tracked.
Old 3rd December 2012
Yup - figure out the sync. I imagine he's not really playing that out of sync, but you haven't worked out your latency correctly. You can do this without him there by just recording clicks going out and back in to your system and tweaking settings until you get them to line up without manual intervention.

Once you get that done, then work on the drum sound... of what I hear, that needs the most work I think.

-s
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search