Old 17th June 2006
Gear nut

hot or shit

SRS
18th June 2006
Old 18th June 2006
SRS
Lives for gear

Sounds quite nice overall. I would put some ambiance (reverb) on the guitar in the intro portion. Like the drum sound. You might wanna boost the overheads a tad on the drum kit. Kinda missing the timekeeping high end a little. I like the song. Nice work.
Jamstudio
18th June 2006
Old 18th June 2006
Gear nut

Ok srs tnx

more opinions ?
18th June 2006
Old 18th June 2006
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamstudio
Ok srs tnx

more opinions ?
Thanks for sharing this mix with us. The mix is interesting! I think this song could be a hit, but I would change a few chords (turn minors into majors). I would also add a mid-freq instrument to balance the song, I think I would use a piano instead of that whurly. In terms of the mix it is good. I would focus some more on the bass line, it doesn't seem to bring the kind of drive I would expect from a song like this, partly due to the bass color. I would raise the volume a little and make sure it has enough room in the center. I would also increase the volume on the vocals, it is too quiet in comparison to the high-frequency stuff. I would compress the kick and the snare differently to make them deeper and make them slightly quiter to add some clearity for the bass and the vocals. I would use the acoustic guitar and the electric guitar on the sides instead of in the center. Overall I would use the sides a bit more. I think I would make the whurly/piano and the organ communicating more and play less simoultaneously, mostly to free up signal. On many parts the whurly plays a central role, I would increase the volume on these parts and make it fatter.

I hope I've been able to point on the important stuff and that you'll find my opinions useful. Good luck!
Jamstudio
18th June 2006
Old 18th June 2006
Gear nut

Thumbs up tnx

ok tnx guys

remco
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search