Login / Register

Pop/electronica producer for hire to finish some tracks?
New Reply
Subscribe
ActionCameraMan
22nd April 2012
Old 22nd April 2012
Gear interested

Pop/electronica producer for hire to finish some tracks?

Hey all, I'm looking to hire a producer to help finish some pop/electronica tracks I'm writing with my fiance. So far I've arranged the songs in Reason and got the beats and basic arrangements down, but honestly I'm not a producer and I could really use the help of someone who's familar with this genre and could improve the quality of the sound and basically produce these songs to a higher level. The style is pop, semi electronica featuring vocals, and would be great to find someone who has some expertise in dance-style music and can keep the energy up (being able to add transitions, and a teeny touch of dubstep/breakbeat is a big plus). I'm not looking to create 'next big thing', but I basically want to improve the samples/transitions, and it needs to sound like it's respectably produced. We have four songs we're looking to finish off over a few months, and we have the help of an amazing guitarist that can lay down guitar tracks which are featured to varying degrees.

Feel free to check out this music video we shot last year for an older song for rough idea of style and voice:

So Big (Right Now) - Jacqui Johnson [Official Video] - YouTube

As you can tell I tried to produce the music myself and it just isn't going to cut it. The songs we have this year are -much- stronger (no more parody, now going legit), and we've scrounged together a budget (and can certainly make sure you get a proper percentage of anything down the road if you want). If your are interested, please send links to your best work to:

production (at) darkoven.com

and I can send you samples sections of the songs and budget details and we can go from there. Also, we're located in Los Angeles but I don't mind working with someone remotely.

-David
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search