Hi All :
DaveE .. great work. well balanced and controlled mix.( I do have some preferences .. i.e more bass and less brighter guitars .. But these are totally my preferences and personal taste.. This is probably reflected in my mix ).
Awesome work !!..
Here's my take on the song ..
My Notes ( with regards to my mix ) .
1. Replaced the kick drum .. but left the snare as is .. ( im getting lazier these days
. A great snare sample / drum recording could have taken this over the top.
2. tested on laptop and mains ( with a sub) and am happy with the result.
3. Im probably close to winning the loudness war
. But still managed to get in a bass heavy mix and some dynamics ( bass - very little compression and guitars - no compression . vox - very minute compression)
4. Didn't do any automation ( lazy ).. The overheads do need some riding since the cymbals can get irritating at times. But didn't have the time to do this.
5. Did not spend as much time as i would have liked to ..
6. I wish the overheads or room ( one of the 2) was in stereo. rather having them both smack down the middle in mono.. http://soundcloud.com/byron-pinto/burn-the-rest