dnb/liquid funk/easy listening FRESH EARS NEEDED, PLEASE!
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

dnb/liquid funk/easy listening FRESH EARS NEEDED, PLEASE!

Good evening guys,

I have been working on this dnb production lately, but I am feeling really exhausted, my ears are getting too tired, creative ideas feel to be gone. I would really appreciate some feedback, critique, advice on how to improve the mix/master.

The biggest trouble I was having/am having with is blending vocals in, what could be better? Does it need more effects? Is it clashing with music? Are my ears deceiving me?

Depending on final outcome of the track, I might post it as a mixoff entry for you peeps to play around, could be fun. Haven't seen that type of mixoffs around at all.

Please, let me know anything you think about it.

http://soundcloud.com/arthur-indrikovs/testmixmaster
Old 2nd March 2012
KGS
Gear nut

The piano that enters early on is too loud I feel. It dominates track when the vocals enter imo.
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGS View Post
The piano that enters early on is too loud I feel. It dominates track when the vocals enter imo.
Thanks man, I had that feeling. Appreciate your feedback!
Old 3rd March 2012
KGS
Gear nut

If I were you I would play around with some reverb and eventually a very very slight delay on that piano. Give it a bit of distance. To me it feels very much "in your face".
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGS View Post
If I were you I would play around with some reverb and eventually a very very slight delay on that piano. Give it a bit of distance. To me it feels very much "in your face".
Yeh, I had more of effects on the piano before the current mixdown, it just felt too ambienty, I wanted it closer in. Might give it another try this weekend, need to get a bit of a break from this track.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search