My first music Video! Feedback Please!
Old 29th September 2011
Gear interested

My first music Video! Feedback Please!

Hey Everybody!

I just made my very first music video. This was filmed, edited, recorded mixed and mastered by me. (Ryan)

Bones Music Video - YouTube

I'm the redhead singing the song. (I wrote it too)

All you pros out there please give me constructive feedback. I'm always looking to improve my work.

Feel free to ask questions about recording/filming technique.

Thanks,

-Ryan
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus3700 View Post
Hey Everybody!

I just made my very first music video. This was filmed, edited, recorded mixed and mastered by me. (Ryan)

Bones Music Video - YouTube

I'm the redhead singing the song. (I wrote it too)

All you pros out there please give me constructive feedback. I'm always looking to improve my work.

Feel free to ask questions about recording/filming technique.

Thanks,

-Ryan
Dood, WTF!?! That was TIGHT. I'm not a pro by any means, but I really think that was awesome.

So, what's the deal. Did you record playing along at 1/2 speed and then double the speed of the video? I was sitting here through out the whole video trying to figure out how you accomplished that. Pretty cool.

Cool song. Cool sounding production. Of course, we all strive to be better. And there's room from improvement. But where, I can't say. I enjoyed it all and would be hard pressed to pick something out a being "bad" or "off".

Nice work. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 29th September 2011
Really fun video to watch, top song too.
Old 29th September 2011
Gear interested

Thanks! Yes, we played the song @ half speed, then doubled the footage.

Glad you guys enjoyed it.
Old 29th September 2011
Gear Guru

The acoustic bass was hip!

Looks like you had a blast making it, cool
Old 29th September 2011
Gear maniac

Really really nice, both sound and looks wise!

Really cool looks with the green light on the front there, and stuff. Might go even further and do some stylish color grading effects, but that is for a real pro on this (which I'm not). I do videos for clients and just some vignette go a long way, maybe B&W or tint/defocus some moments or parts of the frame (like Sin City effects, artistic stuff on the video post side). Not that I'd suggest anything specific on this, just a thought that passed by me while watching.

Also, why 4:3?

Again, really good, congrats!
Old 29th September 2011
Gear interested

I agree. At one point I attempted to color correct some of the shots, but I eventually gave up on the post processing. I'm a sound engineer.

I filmed this with a 200 dollar lumix digital camera. All I had was VGA: 640 x 480.
Old 30th September 2011
Gear maniac

Yes I've thought you might not have the card space/speed. It looks great anyway, those were just suggestions cause those were the next steps to me once I figured out the video recording part.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search