Roots Reggae
New Reply
Subscribe
Farmerbrown2200
24th December 2005
Old 24th December 2005
Gear maniac

Roots Reggae

Don't hear much reggae on GS, but it has been a big part of my work over the years. This was recorded last night (Dec. 23) all "live and direct"! 10 songs in 2 hours and 2 hours to mix. Given the tight time constraint, small budget and technical limitations, (5 musicians in a small room) everyone is happy and so am I. So here it is to share with y'all.

Merry Christmas,

FB

(Yes, the bass is loud, it's reggae, de real 'ting mon! )
Farmerbrown2200
27th December 2005
Old 27th December 2005
Gear maniac

9 views and no comments!? This calls for a BUMP
27th December 2005
Old 27th December 2005
Lives for gear

Sounds great man. Nice deep bass tones, soft cymbals

Light one up and enjoy your success.

Farmerbrown2200
28th December 2005
Old 28th December 2005
Gear maniac

I don't like the plastic piano and organ... Sounds like a Korg and I miss some dirt and space echo. The drums are a little too nice for my taste. I want stuff to pop out... I'm high when I write this!

You rock![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments DL ! Yup, it sure is a korg (triton and a T1). That's the way the band wanted it! I offered better sounding pianos but this is the one they brought and insisted on using with the stock reverb turned on!!! I gated that out and used my own in the mix.

This is only the bed tracks. It's my 120 dollar special, which always grows into more work after they hear the rough bed tracks (that's when I start to make money) . This has happened in this case too, they are back tomorrow to add guitar parts and back vocals. After we get all these parts on it's off to the Upsetter zone for a real Ital mix!

Not a big smoker when in session. I find it blurs the line between client and friend... I try to stay business like. But when I mix alone... booyaka!

Today was a Jazz band which I'll post in another thread.

Thanks for the comments

FB
28th December 2005
Old 28th December 2005
Gear maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to SUPA FROST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerbrown2200
Don't hear much reggae on GS, but it has been a big part of my work over the years. This was recorded last night (Dec. 23) all "live and direct"! 10 songs in 2 hours and 2 hours to mix. Given the tight time constraint, small budget and technical limitations, (5 musicians in a small room) everyone is happy and so am I. So here it is to share with y'all.

Merry Christmas,

FB

(Yes, the bass is loud, it's reggae, de real 'ting mon! )

I am reggae artist myself! and yes there are very few reggae heads here on GS. Feel free to send me a PM anytime!
I think you did a great job, especially with the limited time you had to mix! What system were you tracking on? Just curious!
28th December 2005
Old 28th December 2005
Gear maniac

SUPA FROST

Thanks for the comments

This was all done on a Nuendo system with Pulsar cards, Focusrtie octopre, Joe meek VC 1s and a bunch of very ordinary mics that you have read about a hundred times here on GS.

What kind of reggae do you record? Any postings/examples?

FB
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search