New Reply
Subscribe
MMski
3rd April 2010
Old 3rd April 2010
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to MMski
What do you think?!

Had 8 hours to do 6 songs with this really talented group of highschool kids! Within the time constraints, I think this came out REALLY well, and it has far exceeded their expectations. Lemme know what you think!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5273494/The%...t%20Things.mp3
5th April 2010
Old 5th April 2010
Gear nut

My initial impressions: Decent tune and way to go working on a tight deadline.. The mix suffers mainly in the low end. The bass is over compressed and pumping, and definitely needs to be rolled off. Try a lower ratio to avoid the pumping. I think it's crowding out the bass drum entirely down there..
5th April 2010
Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

I think you did them a great service under the conditions!

There are some things that could be done to improve but props on getting something together so quickly with a full band.

They should be happy with the result. Good stuff. Let us know if you're open to some sugestions. I would echo the comments of "simplessly" and for my tastes, the high hat is a bit piercing.

Russell
MMski
8th April 2010
Old 8th April 2010
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to MMski
I'm definitely open to suggestions and would love to improve this mix on my own time, just for the sake of getting it right!

I don't remember exactly what I did to the bass, but I don't remember compressing it too much, I'll have to take a look though!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search