One man music production.....Let's hear the MUSIC!
Old 9th June 2010
  #781
Lives for gear
 
satellitedog's Avatar
 

I wish your music were my greatest annoyance in life.

Very nice job again Nolet. Finish some more songs quick! :-)
Old 9th June 2010
  #782
Gear interested
 

hey guys- 1st posting and figure i'd join for some shameless self promotion lol--
I've been a performer first and foremost for the past 25 years- but always recorded ideas- shedding out tunes on my 4-track- fast forward today i'm using cubase 4.5-- the songs in this link are premasters from an upcoming release.

All instruments and vocals are yours truly (gtr, bass, sax, drums, keys etc)
songs written, recored and produced by me and many of the tunes were even recorded through an sm58 through an old 4-track into a soundblaster. eventually I upgraded to a mackie onyx. I use NI vstis and waves api and some ssl, and UAD.

thanks for the countless tips I've gotten on this board through the years, I'm getting better every day!

unmastered still-

Paul Cote on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Old 10th June 2010
  #783
Gear addict
 
strings's Avatar
Added drums (superior drummer) to an old recording. I'm not getting any better at mixing, but picking up new things here and there. I couldn't bring the vocals up too much, because there is too much noise on the tracks, and I wasn't able to EQ it out. Song is not mastered, so it needs some volume. Anyway the song is called "I'll be there for you":

Paul on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

I always pictured the verse being played by piano. Perhaps someday, I just started taking piano lessons.
Old 10th June 2010
  #784
Lives for gear
 
Nolet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strings View Post
Added drums (superior drummer) to an old recording. I'm not getting any better at mixing, but picking up new things here and there. I couldn't bring the vocals up too much, because there is too much noise on the tracks, and I wasn't able to EQ it out. Song is not mastered, so it needs some volume. Anyway the song is called "I'll be there for you":

Paul on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

I always pictured the verse being played by piano. Perhaps someday, I just started taking piano lessons.
very good song. Mixing is fine.
Old 10th June 2010
  #785
Gear nut
 

Hey guys, I know I'm late to the party but here goes:

Digital Victim Sound

is my portfolio site and has all of my compositions and projects. Scroll down a bit and check out my Experimental/Avant Garde electronic stuff, or Booda, Bon Temps or Digital Earth.

Thanks!
Old 10th June 2010
  #786
has all the gear he needs
 
Unclenny's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalVictim View Post
Experimental/Avant Garde electronic stuff
Pretty cool stuff.......
Old 11th June 2010
  #787
Gear addict
 
strings's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolet View Post
very good song. Mixing is fine.

Hey Nolet, thanks for the kind words and taking the time to listen to my song!! I visited your site and can see why you're getting all the compliments. Love the layered vocals and clean, precise guitar work!
Is that a free website for song uploads? That's cool how they have the waveform setup.
Old 11th June 2010
  #788
Lives for gear
 
Lance Lawson's Avatar
 

Here's a real did it all myself recording. I did a cover of the old CSN Helplessly Hoping a while back. All the vocals are mine, as is the recording, and mixing. I also built the guitar I'm playing which is the guitar in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
One man music production.....Let's hear the MUSIC!-back-togethercpd-004-copy.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Helplessly Hoping MP3.mp3 (3.20 MB, 59 views)
Old 11th June 2010
  #789
Lives for gear
 
Nolet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strings View Post
Hey Nolet, thanks for the kind words and taking the time to listen to my song!! I visited your site and can see why you're getting all the compliments. Love the layered vocals and clean, precise guitar work!
Is that a free website for song uploads? That's cool how they have the waveform setup.
Yeah, the site is called soundcloud and is free. You can set it up in minutes. I have the simplest paid for account. About 20 euro a year. It's way more useful then myspace or soundclick I think.
Old 11th June 2010
  #790
Lives for gear
 

Some stuff I did some years ago with a Line 6 Toneport and EZ Drummer:

Edirol Orchestra
Old 13th June 2010
  #791
Lives for gear
 
Nolet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
Some stuff I did some years ago with a Line 6 Toneport and EZ Drummer:

Edirol Orchestra
may i say you have the best bandname ever! I think I will rename my thing to Roland JV1080!
Old 15th June 2010
  #792
Lives for gear
Here at the day gig, today I had to come up with an "Entertainment Tonight" knockoff.

Instruments: Yamaha Motif, Telecaster, Ibanez Blazer bass.

Gear: Avalon 2022, PT.

The playing is all me, with a click but no sequencing.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 ET_KNOCKOFF.mp3 (405.5 KB, 60 views)
Old 15th June 2010
  #793
Gear maniac
 
getreel's Avatar
 

This is my entire latest release and it mostly all me. Check out the credits for exact info but I played, sang, recorded and mixed this entire project in my home studio.

Subliminal Moonshine
Old 15th June 2010
  #794
Lives for gear
 
Teddy Ray's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Lawson View Post
Here's a real did it all myself recording. I did a cover of the old CSN Helplessly Hoping a while back. All the vocals are mine, as is the recording, and mixing. I also built the guitar I'm playing which is the guitar in the photo.
Hey man.. I like that a lot. Beautiful harmonies in there. My only quibble is that the two components(voices+guitar) dont sound "connected".. like they were recorded in the same space.
Old 15th June 2010
  #795
has all the gear he needs
 
Unclenny's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Here at the day gig, today I had to come up with an "Entertainment Tonight" knockoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Lawson View Post
I did a cover of the old CSN Helplessly Hoping a while back.
This is what is so cool about this thread. In one quick sitting I can hear four radically different excellent offerings of homegrown music.

Is this fun....or what?
Old 15th June 2010
  #796
Gear Guru
 
FFTT's Avatar
 

I put this instrumental together thinking movie sound track.

Riding Off In The Sunset

I just looped it 4 times and it gives me something to jam on.

Cool effect on the snare coming in just a bit late on the overdub gives it
a slight delay 2 sticks on the snare sound. One of those audio accidents
that makes recording so interesting. It sure fattens up an otherwise ordinary
snare.

This was my first attempt using Reason 3
It's all ITB
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Nice Test Loop X4.mp3 (2.20 MB, 67 views)
Old 15th June 2010
  #797
i did a download album all by myself: writing, playing, recording, mixing, mastering, coverart, pics ... ALL.

it's alternative shoegaze music with melodies.

please: Liquid Gas on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

i even did a (booooring ...) video for the "download-single".

here: YouTube - "Could Be Right, Could Be Wrong" LIQUID GAS

i did all with my epiphone casino/fender champ 600/seagull s6 acoustic guitar/mics: rode nt2a, rode nt5, mxl v67i, sm57/GAP 73/LA-610/logic/liquid mix.
it turned out very good, i am very satisfied and had several local paper reviews and one radio interview. unfortunately, as it is a one-man-project, it's not a live thing, which i miss ...
Old 15th June 2010
  #798
Old 17th June 2010
  #799
Lives for gear
 
Nolet's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
i did a download album all by myself: writing, playing, recording, mixing, mastering, coverart, pics ... ALL.

it's alternative shoegaze music with melodies.

please: Liquid Gas on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

i even did a (booooring ...) video for the "download-single".

here: YouTube - "Could Be Right, Could Be Wrong" LIQUID GAS

i did all with my epiphone casino/fender champ 600/seagull s6 acoustic guitar/mics: rode nt2a, rode nt5, mxl v67i, sm57/GAP 73/LA-610/logic/liquid mix.
it turned out very good, i am very satisfied and had several local paper reviews and one radio interview. unfortunately, as it is a one-man-project, it's not a live thing, which i miss ...
Hi, I listened the to "Could it be right, Could it be wrong" and the song has a great start. The climax is certainly there with full on rock part. I'm a non native English speaker myself and it's always hard to not draw the attention to the slight accent you (and I) have. Maybe that's something to work on. Or make it a gimmick!
Old 17th June 2010
  #800
Lives for gear
 
Lance Lawson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ray View Post
Hey man.. I like that a lot. Beautiful harmonies in there. My only quibble is that the two components(voices+guitar) dont sound "connected".. like they were recorded in the same space.
Thanks glad you enjoyed it! Vocals and guitar were indeed recorded in the same space. The entire recording was made start to finish in the space of about 4 hours. The guitar was recorded solo as I opted not to use the scratch guitar/vocal I recorded first.
Old 17th June 2010
  #801
Gear interested
 

New here

Hey Guys,
I'm brand new on this forum, so I guess...HELLO
Anyways,
I've been recording stuff for probably about 7 years now, I'm 20, and besides my schools studio, my music has never seen beyond my basement. Hahah,
well past spring I just Finished a full length called "Answers," and last summer made an album called "the sounds of everyday,"
These were the first LP's I've fully written, played, and recorded. I'm definitely looking for as much feedback as I can, especially cause I think I went a little overboard tuning the vocals on my latest disc. This is dragging on, so I'll just leave you guys with the tracks
Just a sidenote; All Instruments are real (no triggering) or beat detective
Both albums are on this link:

music

Thanks so much :D
Old 17th June 2010
  #802
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
i did a download album all by myself: writing, playing, recording, mixing, mastering, coverart, pics ... ALL.

it's alternative shoegaze music with melodies.

please: Liquid Gas on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
I like that. I can't comment on the audio quality since it's kind of warm and I have the fans running which makes it hard to hear the fine details. But as a song I like it. I like shoegazing stuff, despite being a couple decades too late for it.
Old 18th June 2010
  #803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolet View Post
I'm a non native English speaker myself and it's always hard to not draw the attention to the slight accent you (and I) have. Maybe that's something to work on. Or make it a gimmick!
akzent? whot akzent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
I like that. I can't comment on the audio quality since it's kind of warm and I have the fans running which makes it hard to hear the fine details. But as a song I like it. I like shoegazing stuff, despite being a couple decades too late for it.
yeah, i am always late for trends - that's why i don't follow 'em. and for the recording quality - lemme tell you: it's marvellous!
Old 18th June 2010
  #804
Gear maniac
 

I listened to two from your page, liguidgas--I dig 'em!

Doug
Old 18th June 2010
  #805
has all the gear he needs
 
Unclenny's Avatar
 

Old 19th June 2010
  #806
Gear maniac
 

Your Star--it has an obstinate integrity to it, Uncle Lenny. I like it.
Old 19th June 2010
  #807
Gear maniac
 

Here is a rare serious vocal from me, not a serious vocalist.

You_Before_Me_Final_Mix.mp3

Challenged with writing my wife a song on our 20th anniversary, I realized how hard it is to write a song when everything is alright. Prior to us getting together, my heart had been broken (twice by her!) and the music was really flowing back then. Being happy, though...that's tough to write about.

I kept it simple, the way I imagine McCartney might have.

Doug
Old 19th June 2010
  #808
Lives for gear
 

my stuff here is all me. Name your price download, (even free)
Old 19th June 2010
  #809
Lives for gear
 
vernier's Avatar
Wow another page of music ...that was fast.
Old 19th June 2010
  #810
Lives for gear
 
cjogo's Avatar
 

Tribute to John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck ....SongRamp Player

Mainly 3 Kurzweils -- one finger at a time > to the sequencer

Dual mic on guitar > Manley pre -- ADi -- to Daw
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
gitarrero / So much gear, so little time!
12
Magnum29465 / So much gear, so little time!
56
steelyfan / So much gear, so little time!
117

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.