Gear interested

Check my mix

29th November 2008
Old 29th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn4ever View Post
Hey fellas,
If you like harder music than do my a favor and check my mix. Vocals coming next but maybe you have some advice for me to make it more professional.Here the link:
http://burn4ever.de/down/Project%20B...r%20Chains.mp3
Nice heavy song, good mix for the most part, where's the bass?. As in And "Justice For All" where's the bass. It would really warm things up in the right way. I sort of hear it, I audition everything on my computer speakers with sub, hearing response down to about 80-100hz. Maybe the bulk of the bass is below that, a common stumbling block. Check your mix by high passing up to there, if the bass isn't sitting well and making the statement that it needs to, try to take it there. I don't hear much midrange definition on the bass. The 700-900 range and maybe an octave above if needed are a good place to start.
burn4ever
29th November 2008
Old 29th November 2008
Gear interested

Hey Beyersound.Thanks for your answere.
And yes, at the moment I´ve mixed the bass more at the lowend, as an subbase to give the mix more warmness but i´ll check your offer by checking the midrange etc.
Thanks again.
30th November 2008
Old 30th November 2008
Lives for gear

I bet the band hates it because it has too much bass for them, they want it to sound like a buzz saw!
Hey, it happened to me. I couldn't believe it either.
Sounds great to me.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search