New Reply
Subscribe
corey.schroeder
2nd August 2008
Old 2nd August 2008
Gear Head

Circa Survive?

Hey everyone..

This new project I've been workin on needs some extra ears. I hoped write/record/produce/ and mix this song. We were going for a sound similar to circa survive. By far one of the most difficult sound I've tried to produce. I need opinions on the feel/sound/attitude of the song. Let me know what yall think about this. Please let me know.

Myspace.com/coreyschroeder. Its the only song on there..

I'm excited to read what yall have to say.

Thanks
2nd August 2008
Old 2nd August 2008
Gear nut

1) drums are dry/muddy ( muddiness is prolly do to shitty myspace.) so add some reverb to the snare. consider sound replacing.

2) tune vox, although it is best to have a perfect singer. thats near impossible.

3) this is a big one. PUT MORE GUITAR TRACKS, ESPECIALLY on the chorus. and add some bass guitar too. very empty sounding.

4) i need to practice mixing so if youd be willing to let me give it a shot id love to mix it for you and see if you like it.

btw i like some circa survive so im diggin the track
corey.schroeder
2nd August 2008
Old 2nd August 2008
Gear Head

Hey man.. Thanks for the reply. I understand that mixing is in art and I respect that. I would be more than willing to let you mix my stuff. We are band trying to release our first EP on a low budget. We have 6 songs for it and virtually no money to spend on having professionals do it, hence why I'm doing this myself. As much as I'd love your help, we have no money to throw down towards mixing.
3rd August 2008
Old 3rd August 2008
Gear nut

i meant for free. and im no professional haha
5th August 2008
Old 5th August 2008
Gear interested

I really like the track! I love circa survive, My friend and I are working on some circa inspired stuff (among other influences of course). I'll be sure and put em up when we're a little further along.

The first thing I'm noticing is some kind of distortion during the quieter parts of the song (opening guitar, piano breakdown). Not sure if that's myspace's doing or what.

The drums definitely need some spaciousness to them, if you listen to "The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is the Dose" you can get a nice reference to Circa's drums without any other instruments.

I think the lower background vocals towards the end need a little mud cut out of them, maybe a little presence and verb added

I also, agree that some bass would round out the bottom end and tighten up the whole song.

Having said all that I am only listening to it through cheap ear buds. I'll have to take another glance when I'm in a better listening environment. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Stereo Corruption Studios
www.stereocorruptionstudios.com

chris.mack1@gmail.com

"When Words Fail, Music Speaks..."
stike
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search