Acoustic Pop/Rock Solo Artist
adrianex
17th April 2008
Old 17th April 2008
Lives for gear

Acoustic Pop/Rock Solo Artist

Hey everyone,

For those who knows me, I never try to plug or talk or anything here, about projects I've been or was working, unless I need some feeback, but this is an special exception.

I wanted to ask you guy to please help me spread the word about the song 'Mother China' from Drew Parker's debut album 'On My Way Home', which I produced and its avaliable right now in Amazon.com (US Only), Napster and soon to be release world wide on Itunes and Rhapsody.

The reason I'm asking to help me with this song is that all of the profits from it will be donate to Human Rights and to stop the prosecution of Falun Gong in China charities.

So, I would like to ask you to visit Drew Parker to listen to the song, and to the whole album (feel free to leave your comments here) or if you want to read more about it and also there is a link that will take you to his amazon space to purchase the song or just visit his myspace.com at MySpace.com - Drew Parker - Toronto, CA - Rock / Acoustic / Pop - www.myspace.com/drewparker and you can add 'Mother China' to your myspace page.

Also, I wanted to inform you that myself and my wife Malury (another GS member) have been involve in the Human Rights Torch Relay, I just came back from New York City, where I perform with Drew Parker the song and we are helping with the arrival of the Torch in Miami this May 10th.

If any one has a song about human rights and wants to participate, you are more than welcome. For more info you can visit Redirecting... and if you have the torch hitting your way, please support it, its for a really great cause.

I hope this is the right forum for this, if not any moderartor feel free to move it where ever you feel will fits.

Thanks again

Adrian Morales-Demori
adrianex
21st April 2008
Old 21st April 2008
Lives for gear

you guys are welcome to comment on the album (playing, recording, mixing, production, mastering, etc)
22nd April 2008
Old 22nd April 2008
Lives for gear

Hi!

I listened to 'Mother China' on Myspace first and then I realized the quality on Drew Parker would sound better and indeed, the quality whas so much better.

I like the song and the production seems good to me! I think the vocal sounds a little "thin", not sure how to explain, but it doesn't sound like the vocals from a, for example, John Mayer track. But still, I think it sounds good enough.. I couldn't make it better myself.

Funny, I'm listening to See Me Go at the moment, and the vocals remind me a bit of Clay Aiken. Anyone else thinks the same or is it just me..
adrianex
24th April 2008
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Thanks for the kind words, I forgot to mention that Brad @ Euphonics, Mastered the album and did a great job.

Well, maybe my way to look at it as a "John Mayer-ish" album, as a reference might not 100% right, but It was the first thing I pop in to my mind.

Regarding the sound quality, yes, I would recomend people to go to Drew Parker so you can get a better listen; because I used 320Kb mp3 compression, because I didn't have any limits on space to loa the songs.

Anyone else?

Thanks

Adrian
24th April 2008
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

He sounds like a good enough singer to NOT be using auto tune on the backgrounds. Other than that it sounds nice.
7th December 2008
Old 7th December 2008
Gear interested

I'm a big acoustic guy.... The acoustic sounds great when the whole band is in. fits well in the mix, but is a bit thin on its own at the beginning.... It could be fatter at the biggining....

sounds good!

Jesse
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search