Recording and mix to give opinions/advice on.
Old 23rd March 2007
Gear Guru

Recording and mix to give opinions/advice on.

any advice/criticism is appreciated. Thanks
Old 23rd March 2007
Lives for gear

Guitars may be a tad too loud in the intro but they sound good. Some weird vibrato effect when the singer sings falsetto? Drums could use more punch.....where's the kick? The drums gotta have some balls (but then again I'm biased) vocals sound good especially the harmonies. Oh I just noticed the bass could come up. Yeah, overall there is not a lot of punch or low end there although I am listening to ipod earphones.

It's not too bad, just some minor changes I would make it it were me. Nice job.

Old 27th March 2007
kick and snare WAY too soft in this for my liking

guitars dominate the mix to me, cloud the vocals
the guitars are also panned a little wide to me.
kick and bass seem to be all subs.

i also find the vibrato in the falsetto strange/distracting, but i assume this is how it was sung.

to me the drums are just mixed really strange/way too far back in the mix.
Old 5th April 2007
Lives for gear

Good guitar sounds, and vocal stands up well, but overall the mix is overly compressed and dinky. Drums bass and overall tone needs more girth, punch and air. I'm guessing there isn't much in the way of analog-osity in this production. It lacks the three-dimensionality you get from tape.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search