shopping for mastering in Nashville
New Reply
Subscribe
stonewall40
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear maniac

shopping for mastering in Nashville

Hey guys, I am finishing up a mix project and we want to get the project mastered in Nashville and attend the session.

We have a rock and roll project that will IMO need some glue/mojo, levels and eq corrections.
I am mixing without any processing on the 2 buss and was hoping to get some recommendations on Nashville based mastering facilities.

I am of the opinion that everyone will be great, but really considering what we need done, not much hopefully.... our indie budget is around 500 bucks.

Our last project several years ago only took a few hours and came out great sounding like an "album" (good thing!)

I guess I'm looking for tips on what to look for in an ME and that he/she will suit the project. Or does it even matter really? I envision the project running thru some analog gear. I really like what the Fairchild UAD plug does on the 2 buss.

Also, do you have any recommendations on folks to contact?

Thanks a bunch!
Dave
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewall40 View Post
Our last project several years ago only took a few hours and came out great sounding like an "album" (good thing!)
This thread probably belongs in the 'Where To' sub forum, but if the ME you used on that previous record did a good job, assuming they're still around why don't you just use him/her again?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search