I'm in serious need of mastering.
Closed
Subscribe
I-am-challenged
9th September 2010
Old 9th September 2010
Gear maniac

I'm in serious need of mastering.

I am in serious need of mastering... and maybe in need of serious help for what I'm about to ask in this post. My wife and I have been working on a Pop/Rock album for almost a year and a half. I've finally motivated myself to finish mixing the thing, simply because we have been requested to send our stuff to someone at Turner Broadcasting. This could be HUGE. Or... could be nothing, but the person who has requested it LOVES our music. Some people would kill for the opportunity to be heard, and that is something we are guaranteed.

However, I really have to get the album mastered. It has to be as perfect as it can possibly be, because this may be our only chance. The problem is... yeah here comes the part where anyone reading suddenly stops and hits the Back button.... I have been unemployed for 2 years due to the recession. I'm going to be selling everything I can to get money. I also have a client coming into the studio next week who's gonna be paying me for some recording work, but that doesn't help me with money right now. My deadline is the end of next week, because I'm uploading all the songs on Friday for the lady.

Is there ANYTHING I can work out with someone here? I would say I'm so desperate that I'd get our album mastered by a kid with computer speakers and cracked software... but I'm NOT that desperate. It has to be right. But then again, people gotta get paid. So, maybe I'm just wasting gearslutz space with this thread.
7+1
9th September 2010
Old 9th September 2010
7+1
Lives for gear

i am not a mastering engineer.. but it sounds like you are in serious need of some kind of help.. what i am is a mixing engineer with the capability to do a very simple master job of your work. i do have standard pro level mastering gear... manley mastering varimu and software to get it to a level you might need.. i would do it for no charge because i like to help out the needed... how many songs?

thanks

p.m. if you are interested.
10th September 2010
Old 10th September 2010
Gear nut

Send a message via Skype™ to BasementRecords
Mastering

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-am-challenged View Post
I am in serious need of mastering... and maybe in need of serious help for what I'm about to ask in this post. My wife and I have been working on a Pop/Rock album for almost a year and a half. I've finally motivated myself to finish mixing the thing, simply because we have been requested to send our stuff to someone at Turner Broadcasting. This could be HUGE. Or... could be nothing, but the person who has requested it LOVES our music. Some people would kill for the opportunity to be heard, and that is something we are guaranteed.

However, I really have to get the album mastered. It has to be as perfect as it can possibly be, because this may be our only chance. The problem is... yeah here comes the part where anyone reading suddenly stops and hits the Back button.... I have been unemployed for 2 years due to the recession. I'm going to be selling everything I can to get money. I also have a client coming into the studio next week who's gonna be paying me for some recording work, but that doesn't help me with money right now. My deadline is the end of next week, because I'm uploading all the songs on Friday for the lady.

Is there ANYTHING I can work out with someone here? I would say I'm so desperate that I'd get our album mastered by a kid with computer speakers and cracked software... but I'm NOT that desperate. It has to be right. But then again, people gotta get paid. So, maybe I'm just wasting gearslutz space with this thread.

Dear I am Challenged,

My name is Chris Neal, I am an Audio Engineer graduated from IPR (The Institute of Production and Recording. If you would like to look into me as a possibility I can be of service. We can look at a price after you hear a free mastered song.

If you would like you can look at my portfolio on my site.

Basement Records Studio

Let me know, I will be sending the same message in a Private message. So I can be sure you receive it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Chris@BasementRecordsStudio.com

Creating affordable Recording, Editing, Mixing, gaining more fans/clients, and more shows/gigs. To make you more money.
10th September 2010
Old 10th September 2010
Mix Engineer

Send a message via Skype™ to darronatkinson
Affordable Mastering

Darron Atkinson: Mixing Engineer
10th September 2010
Old 10th September 2010
Lives for gear

If you are serious about your music, then send the Guy mixes without mastering,
if the song and the mix are good, the Guy will notice that, and he doesn't need mastering to say Yes or No,
then when you sign contract with him get back here, and I am sure you will find many people offering you mastered album up to 400-500 U$,
in a current situation, you will likely to receive offers 'you are asking for',
no offence though

10th September 2010
Old 10th September 2010
Gear nut

Send a message via Skype™ to BasementRecords
try

Quote:
Originally Posted by darronatkinson View Post
Hello

I think you may be interested in getting your work mastered by Master The Mix, we offer an affordable service for the unsigned artist like yourself.

Visit Master The Mix - Master The Mix - Home for more details.

Contact me at darron@masterthemix.co.uk to speak to me directly.
If you can afford someone like this than go with it. I am sure they have some great experience. If you can not afford than keep in touch with me we can negotiate a price after you listen to the first song.

Hope this is helpful,

Chris@BasementRecordsStudio.com
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search