New Reply
Subscribe
Playgrnd
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear interested

REW question

Hi!
I'm trying to understand the REW and the measurement, but Im having problems with getting it to work.
I have a Steinberg UR824 as a DAW and I have a behringer ecm8000 as measurement mic. I have the stereo output trough my krk 10s sub and to my phonic monitors, and I connect the ecm8000 to one of my inputs. When I set up the mic in listening position and try to get the correct level on the whitenoice I get feedback... I missing a lot of db to get correct signal to do the test properly. Any tip on how I should set this up to avoid the feedback?

Sorry for the bad english.

Thanks!
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear Guru

Feedback

Connect the Mic to say Channel One. Select that as input and so on. Clearly you have that going pretty much. Many DAWs will mirror the input at the output, so you need to prevent that. Check your internal OS drivers and audio controllers/mixers to prevent Ch 1 input from finding it's way to the speakers.
If necessary pan it to say Ch 1 output and mute or disconnect that.
Measure while driving the other single speaker only.

DD
Playgrnd
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear interested

Thank you for the answer.

In my driver for the ur824 I can only set the sample rate, but if I open cubase, and set the inputsignal to "no bus", that will maybe work?
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear Guru

Complex

No, you don't want another audio app running.
You need to persuade your computer to use the steinberg as it's sound card. So when you play iTunes or Spotify or whatever, it should play out through your interface. Similarly you need the computer to regard your interface inputs as native. Then default I/O in REW should work. If it gets into ASIO and all that it's way beyond me. I use Macintosh comps. Try the REW forum, there are plenty of FAQ's and Tips.
DD
Playgrnd
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear interested

Aaahhh! Thanks, I'll try that
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search