Login / Register

SMH Can you guys give your opinion on where to place my KRK subwoofer? (pictures)
New Reply
Subscribe
The_Heavyweight
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear interested

SMH Can you guys give your opinion on where to place my KRK subwoofer? (pictures)

Hey people! long time lurker here an there, finally decided to join the site.

I believe I made big mistake by getting the KRK... even though I really wanted it, but I guess I didn't realize how huge this thing was... im thinking 10inches? How bad could that be? I FORGOT ABOUT THE CABINET AND THE AMP INSIDE ADDING EXTRA SIZE! Smh.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I feel like I should have went with some 8 inch monitors... but by the time i thought about that I already had my 5 inch krk rokits, so I figured hell, I'll get the sub an i'll be fine.... yea right smh. I wanted to put the sub under my desk but it wont fit, Im either thing about placing it next to the pc in the corner (turning it down low as possible) OR the spot in my room where the water bottles are....

Help please!

P.S. I also messed up again by going with the Yamaha hs50s instead of the hs80s... I ordered these before the sub came in smh....
Attached Thumbnails
SMH Can you guys give your opinion on where to place my KRK subwoofer? (pictures)-room-side-view.jpg   SMH Can you guys give your opinion on where to place my KRK subwoofer? (pictures)-room1.jpg   SMH Can you guys give your opinion on where to place my KRK subwoofer? (pictures)-room2.jpg  
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear Guru

Sub

Under the bed? Against a wall at mid point is often seen recommended.
DD
Audio X
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Audio X

The_Heavyweight
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Under the bed? Against a wall at mid point is often seen recommended.
DD
Against a wall at mid point? Explain please? Do you see that point in any of the pics?
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear Guru

Mid

At mid point along an axis, the sub will be in a null. Thus it will not drive that particular axial mode strongly. This can be useful.
I really can't be there from the pics. But I can suggest, just a starting point to stimulate experiment and measurement, under the bed, mid wall.

DD
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

As you try different locations, tweak phase. The level should be low enough that you do not hear the sub as a separate source.
The_Heavyweight
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear interested

Would you guys say that my room isn't big enough for a sub?
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

In the words of a famous speaker builder: "If it fits in the room, the room is large enough"
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search