need help with RFI annoying problem
New Reply
Subscribe
JaraGodspeed
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear interested

need help with RFI annoying problem

Hi there gearslutz. It's my first post here, I usually real a lot of threads, however, this time I can't find a solution for a problem Im having !! I own a studio and have just moved to a new place. The place is great, the only downside was that it is an old house which was turned into our little studio. All the electric installation of the house is new, and it has been double checked, everything seems to be perfect.

I have a problem of what I think is RFI. There's a radio antenna nearby which can be causing the problem. The radio always gets into the microphone's signal, specially when using condensers. The radio also gets into the amps and speakers, but without that much intensity.

However, an annoying high freq chip finds its way to the amps and monitors. The problem seems to affect specially where the Studio A is located, since in other rooms (to the other side of the house) the noise does not affect. It also gets into my studio monitors @ the control room.

I gave ferrite chokes a go but with no results. Pleeeeease does anyone know how could I get rid of it?? I attach some videos so that you can hear the noise. The first link is taken in Studio A, and the other two elsewhere (the noise is not as noticeable). Sorry for the bad quality of the videos, I wanted them to be as small as possible.

RFI Noise Studio A - YouTube

RFI Noise empty room - YouTube

RFI noise Studio B - YouTube

Thanks a lot !!! I really appreciate any kind of help or comments.
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear addict

Jim Brown being both a HAM radio operator and the AES committee chair on EMI/RFI has about 50 papers and PowerPoints, most on the subject of interference.

Audio Systems Group, Inc.
Publications
Audio Systems Group, Inc. Publications
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search