Old 30th January 2013
Gear interested

desk legs???

does anyone know of a good source to buy proper metal/steel desk legs like the ones on pro consoles such as argosy, aka, etc ????
Old 31st January 2013
Gear maniac

Old 31st January 2013
Gear maniac

I used VIKA ADILS in black @ £2.50 each a steel (or if you want go posh they have loads of others)

Only thing I would say is 700mm leg is not very high if you want stand up !! I go for min 1m high if you standing all so look breakfast bar legs (they tend to be longer)
Old 31st January 2013
Gear interested

thanks for the reply but those kind of legs are definately not what i want
Old 31st January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
Just go to your local metal guy and have them welded, its not a very sofisticated design.
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

He is trying to save money but it might be difficult to find exactly what he needs.
Old 31st January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
I understand, but he also what something that looks "space age like". Just buy some square metal pipe, saw them at the correct angles and weld them, or have them welded, together. Prime and paint and done. That doesn't cost alot of money.
Old 31st January 2013
Gear maniac

I am not sure what you want because custom things get expensive very quick but if its big chunky single legs one at each end you may have to get them made but here some more ideas

Here list of web site of other stuff you could look at !

Try finding old desk to steel them off ?

Try some like the T bar table leg or even Electronic height adjustable (but that could be big money) from hafele

Table Bases, Fittings and Frames - Legs, Feet & Castors | H

There stuff called speed frame that is square 1x1 square tubeing that can be cut and has fitting to make frames

Speedframe - Dexion Special Product Solutions - Dexion UK

Or you can try some call key clamp if you want something more industrial its kind of scaffold that can be cut up and bolted together

Tube Clamps Online Allen Key Fittings Q Clamps Fittings For Handrails

If any of them are not your idea post pic of what you do want ? as You are going to find hard to get real bling cheep !!!!
Old 31st January 2013
Gear interested

brilliant pretty much what i was after i really didnt want to go down the custom design route things get expensive you are a star 'emearg s' thanks
Old 31st January 2013
Gear maniac

You have stick some pics up when your Done !!!!
Old 1st February 2013
Gear interested

After seeing how you like the few links mentioned above here is another option.

80/20

You can make anything you would ever want... The stuff is amazing. We have built some cool racks out of it. The catalog can be scary at first as there is so much to look at.
Old 1st February 2013
Gear interested

Thanks guys I'm still deciding which one to get I will make a thread of my desk build when I have all the materials
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search