exileofdreamz
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear interested

Closet Recording

I'm looking to use my closet as a recording booth, I already understand the soundproofing aspect except for one thing...how do I communicate to the person inside the booth? is there soundproof glass I install...or do I use some type of home phone to call em while they in it [joking]

seriously though what would be the best way to communicate with the person I'm recording aside from opening the door again and again?
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by exileofdreamz View Post
I'm looking to use my closet as a recording booth, I already understand the soundproofing aspect except for one thing...how do I communicate to the person inside the booth? is there soundproof glass I install...or do I use some type of home phone to call em while they in it [joking]

seriously though what would be the best way to communicate with the person I'm recording aside from opening the door again and again?
It's ok you can come out of the closet now

Seriously though. There are dedicated studio intercom systems out there on the market. However, I guess this set-up does not warrant the expense? SO, if your DAW/audio interface does not support a dedicated intercom (talkback) system then why don't you just assign another channel with a cheap mic plugged in OUTSIDE the closet for your use? Assuming you have a spare mic pre?) Feed your channel into the monitor system in the "artiste's" headphones so he can hear you when you need(you can mute it while doing a take, then at the end of the session delete the extra talkback track) Simples.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search