Home Studio Set-Up Advice Needed!!!
Old 31st December 2012
Gear interested

Home Studio Set-Up Advice Needed!!!

Hello,

My name is Brian and I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some expert guidance from you guys!

I am looking to turn my third story into a studio for fun and friends while I am home from working. I currently have either a Macbook Pro and a new PC both I7's. I do have Logic pro 9 already installed on my MacBook and have Antares Auto-Tune 7. Things I am looking to record are both acoustic and electric. I do write alot in Open D like Dashboard Confessional etc. Doesn't mean I don't wanna dabble with the metal/rock track I hear on here with the Ampsims/Impulses and drum software. Really hoping to stay within the $3500 range or so.

So this is where I need the help on deciding what is the best things to purchase without going to the store with no ammo.

Thanks Guys!!
Brian
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Logic is great. You're off to a good start. Your next purchases should probably be a microphone, audio interface and good set of monitors.

A lot of it depends on what you think you'll want to be able to do in the future. Do you ever see yourself recording a full band?
Old 31st December 2012
Gear interested

Ok thats good to know. I was debating on buying Cubase 7, I used to dabble with the Cubase LE4 edition back around 2009 or so. I was thinking about the KRK monitors and I did see a Blue Spark Mic for around $200 but don't know if those are worth it. The interface I was looking to get a Presonous.I may record a full band once I learn this stuff haha. One step at a time. Thanks for the response and info!

Brian
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search